Having trouble with zavvi and I want one of those

Found 8th Dec 2017
Having some bother with these 2 companies both owned by thehut.com. Does anybody know of a phone number for them as I’m sick of messaging on twitter and through the iwoot website as it takes days to get a reply and they are no help.

They closed my zavvi account without warning cancelling all my preorders and items that had been on backorder cause they never had them in stock plus they are refusing to send the 5 months remaining on my zbox subscription. Their reason is too many parcels went missing when 4 parcels have gone missing in the 6 or so years I’ve bought from zavvi which really is their fault for sending parcels not tracked or signed for.

I bought them metal model kits from I want one of those and when I opened one I slice open my finger so emailed them, they accepted the return and emailed me the form no problem. But when I asked if they could be collected cause I’m disabled suddenly they weren’t willing to accept them back. Obviously I felt that’s discrimination since they changed their mind after finding out I’m disabled and citizens advice agree. Anyway I returned the items after having to pay someone and it cost me to send them which pissed me off a bit since iwoot said it was a free label. So I asked what was going on they said it wasn’t a free label and never claimed that despite me having proof of this aswell and said I wouldn’t be refunded for the kits cause they never accepted them despite again me having proof that they did.

Doubt any of you read this but as you can guess I’m pretty pushed off cause there’s no way to get in touch with them. I’ve had to get trading standards involved earlier in the year because zavvi refused to refund me for a zbox that they charged me for but was in processing for months and never got sent but they ignored her emails, letters and phone calls yet zavvi claim they would never do that and trading standards never got in touch with them despite me again having proof. So trading standards probably isn’t a option neither is the ombudsmen cause it’s on their website that zavvi rarely respond and if they don’t respond the ombudsmen can’t do anything.

So I’m kind of stuck so I’m hoping someone has a phone number for the hut,iwoot,zavvi or any other hut website
Community Updates
Ask
5 Comments
deleted800342
One of the many many reasons Zavvi has a bad reputation, and why I avoid them.
You mention that you are disabled? If you are on benefits I would suggest you go the small claims court route. You would get the fees greatly reduced or waived all together. Most companies tend to pay out as soon as they receive the paperwork - it's not financially viable to send a representative to fight a case unless it it's local to them or worth £1,000s.
It may be worth your while sending them a letter, the old fashioned way and registered/signed for, giving them 10 days from the date of the letter to pay up or you will be pursuing legal recourse. If they don't respond favourably, or they ignore you, you will have complied with your requirements as far as the court is concerned. This means they cannot argue that you have behaved unreasonably.

More info here.. CAB/ small claims

If you decide to go this route then get all your proof annotated and download the form. Fill it in and take it from there.
Good luck.
Edited by: "mrty" 8th Dec 2017
If you are owed money and paid on a credit card make a claim via your credit card company.
mrty13 h, 4 m ago

You mention that you are disabled? If you are on benefits I would suggest …You mention that you are disabled? If you are on benefits I would suggest you go the small claims court route. You would get the fees greatly reduced or waived all together. Most companies tend to pay out as soon as they receive the paperwork - it's not financially viable to send a representative to fight a case unless it it's local to them or worth £1,000s. It may be worth your while sending them a letter, the old fashioned way and registered/signed for, giving them 10 days from the date of the letter to pay up or you will be pursuing legal recourse. If they don't respond favourably, or they ignore you, you will have complied with your requirements as far as the court is concerned. This means they cannot argue that you have behaved unreasonably.More info here.. CAB/ small claimsIf you decide to go this route then get all your proof annotated and download the form. Fill it in and take it from there. Good luck.

Can’t say I thought about small claims court I’ll get a letter typed up and see what happened thanks for this
Worth adding it will cost you to go to small claims normally around £100.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants