Hayfever has hit

Found 18th Apr
nose has transformed into a tap.

anyone else suffering now?
Community Updates
Top comments
Joey.Bloggsy1 h, 0 m ago

OK I'm not advising this to anyone.....Put a small folded kitchen roll …OK I'm not advising this to anyone.....Put a small folded kitchen roll tissue into the top front if the nostril. Put a small dab of vaseline onto each nostril. I wouldn't do these for long periods of time.

Or this

33658082-Qe9qU.jpg

39 Comments
deleted396333
A bit.
Fexofenodine.... wonder drug
marshy519 m ago

Fexofenodine.... wonder drug

Totally agree. Would be lost of possibly dead without it
Edited by: "psychobitchfromhell" 18th Apr
psychobitchfromhell13 m ago

Totally agree. Would be lost of possibly dead without it

Is there a brand name associated with it?
davewave11 m ago

Telfast
My eyes are itchy already and we haven't even started the hay-fever season fully.
davewave18 m ago

its prescribed so shouldn't matter
davewave19 m ago

Dunno. I have it on prescription as it is a very high dose. Mind you, I am allergic to all sorts
brilly1 m ago

its prescribed so shouldn't matter

I think he wants to buy it from the internet.
For those on Fexofenodine (telfast) what are the verdicts? I suffer from Hayfever badly a few days a year but always have symptoms almost every day in the summer, currently take loratadine.

Might give it a try (and an online GP as it's a 3 week wait to see mine!) as it's the start of the season!
33656202-LhGnH.jpg
david_wavid51 s ago

I think he wants to buy it from the internet.

so putting the name into google would probably work ...
brilly1 m ago

so putting the name into google would probably work ...

I don't have it but my fiance does. She said eating honey made from a local farm helped her in the past. We don't know where a local farm that makes honey is in our current location so now she just has to suffer... Which in turn means i have to suffer.
Most hayfever sufferers start taking medication when the systems begin, but that is the wrong approach. You should start popping the pills early January. This is what I do.
I take fexofenadine in the morning and 2 ceterizine at night. Since Iv done this Iv been a lot better. I get the lot, red watery eyes, blocked runny nose itchy throat and sneeze 1000 times a day.
marshy513 m ago

I take fexofenadine in the morning and 2 ceterizine at night. Since Iv …I take fexofenadine in the morning and 2 ceterizine at night. Since Iv done this Iv been a lot better. I get the lot, red watery eyes, blocked runny nose itchy throat and sneeze 1000 times a day.

Is there a Fexo. which is non-drowsy?
My eyes seem to suffer the most. I'm actually trying to avoid the hay-fever pills this year, wonder how long I can last
davewave18 m ago

No idea. I take a load of tablets for other stuff anyway so I’m like a zombie 24/7 regardless
davewave25 m ago

dave - dont mutley us please
It is massive hayfever in May coming with the wind rush.
Not yet, my hayfever usually kicks off in the beginning of June.

Zirtek usually works reasonably well for me, Pirotin is better but sends me straight to sleep,
Same here! Not normally so early and escaped last years wrath but not this year!
Nose running, headache and itchy eyes today, first sunny day in ages.

33657390-HsRXa.jpg
Edited by: "jaketheplumber" 18th Apr
Nasal irrigation with simple saline solution twice daily. Been hayfever, allergy and asthma free for about three years now.
OK I'm not advising this to anyone.....

Put a small folded kitchen roll tissue into the top front if the nostril.
Put a small dab of vaseline onto each nostril.
I wouldn't do these for long periods of time.
Joey.Bloggsy1 h, 0 m ago

OK I'm not advising this to anyone.....Put a small folded kitchen roll …OK I'm not advising this to anyone.....Put a small folded kitchen roll tissue into the top front if the nostril. Put a small dab of vaseline onto each nostril. I wouldn't do these for long periods of time.

Or this

33658082-Qe9qU.jpg

summerof767 m ago

Or this [Image]

Immediately made me think of a fish called wanda
Here you got OP with spring being 'delayed' we are now pretty much at the height of the tree pollen season
with the weather not looking so great next week might see a short gap before the grass pollen starts

33658996-YxZhf.jpg
the good news is you might not be susceptible to grass pollen
or either and going down with something else
CoeK9 h, 13 m ago

I don't have it but my fiance does. She said eating honey made from a …I don't have it but my fiance does. She said eating honey made from a local farm helped her in the past. We don't know where a local farm that makes honey is in our current location so now she just has to suffer... Which in turn means i have to suffer.

Hmmm got short shift in 'ask' when I suggested this as an option(maybe it is only 'homeopathy'?)

but I can only tell you my experiences

suffered terribly with hayfever as a kid/young man(and nobody told me about antihistamines)
but did know someone who made their own honey and have since made my own jam/jelly/wine/sloe gin....
from the hedgerows
also have the attitude that no itsy bitsy little piece of 'dead flower'(as msk might say) is going to stop me enjoying the 'big blue room'
and don't suffer anywhere near as much these days
I know this is a bit of a sideways step from this discussion but I have suffered from hayfever for yonks ...
we're talking 50+ years ... anyway last year for the first time ever I had the flu jab and and
the pneumonia jab. Didn't get a cold or even a sniffle all winter and so far have not had any sign
of hayfever and usually by now its here.. Only downside is seems to have dried my eyes out a bit too .....
to cut a long rambling comment short - has anyone else found that having the flu jab has had this
kind of effect ?
Wongy110:

Hmmm got short shift in 'ask' when I suggested this as an option(maybe it is only 'homeopathy'?)

but I can only tell you my experiences

suffered terribly with hayfever as a kid/young man(and nobody told me about antihistamines)
but did know someone who made their own honey and have since made my own jam/jelly/wine/sloe gin....
from the hedgerows
also have the attitude that no itsy bitsy little piece of 'dead flower'(as msk might say) is going to stop me enjoying the 'big blue room'
and don't suffer anywhere near as much these days

Wouldnt homeopathy be if you diluted the honey down to levels where it isn't really there?
CoeK4 m ago

Wongy110:Hmmm got short shift in 'ask' when I suggested this as an …Wongy110:Hmmm got short shift in 'ask' when I suggested this as an option(maybe it is only 'homeopathy'?)but I can only tell you my experiences suffered terribly with hayfever as a kid/young man(and nobody told me about antihistamines)but did know someone who made their own honey and have since made my own jam/jelly/wine/sloe gin....from the hedgerows also have the attitude that no itsy bitsy little piece of 'dead flower'(as msk might say) is going to stop me enjoying the 'big blue room'and don't suffer anywhere near as much these daysWouldnt homeopathy be if you diluted the honey down to levels where it isn't really there?

only telling you how see it mate.
davewave20 h, 56 m ago

It is non drowsy
psychobitchfromhell8 m ago

It is non drowsy

ok cheers because the Tesco pharmacy only offered me a drowsy version, let me try elsewhere.
davewave5 m ago

ok cheers because the Tesco pharmacy only offered me a drowsy version, let …ok cheers because the Tesco pharmacy only offered me a drowsy version, let me try elsewhere.

try seeing the doctor. The stuff I am on is prescription only. Don't know if it is prescribed just for hay fever as I have other allergies. For me it is an added bonus that it curbs my hay fever and has significantly reduced my asthma symptoms
psychobitchfromhell2 h, 2 m ago

try seeing the doctor. The stuff I am on is prescription only. Don't know …try seeing the doctor. The stuff I am on is prescription only. Don't know if it is prescribed just for hay fever as I have other allergies. For me it is an added bonus that it curbs my hay fever and has significantly reduced my asthma symptoms

I used to have asthma issues but found healthy lifestyle removed all symptoms (except an allergy to cat hair)
davewave19th Apr

ok cheers because the Tesco pharmacy only offered me a drowsy version, let …ok cheers because the Tesco pharmacy only offered me a drowsy version, let me try elsewhere.

dave did you bother reading the comments? i already told you its prescribed so why would you get it from tesco?
they didn't offer you a drowsy version - they offered you an alternative product
I found onions to be very helpful. Since I was little I suffered with very bad itchy eyes, runny nose and a hell lot of sneezing. As I got older it got worse to the point I suffered bad nose bleeds too. As a child I could find those horrible little onions better than I could find my shoes. Couldn't stand being near them. When I was much older I forced myself to start eating them and slowly started to like it. Since I started eating them, my eyes haven't itched as much. My nose hasn't been as runny either. It didn't stop it completely but it made a big difference. So if you don't already, eat the onions!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants