Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Posted 17th Dec 2020
Has anyone tried a Revolut disposable virtual card to subscribe to six months of HBO Max? I’m guessing it won’t work on the monthly subscription as it’s a prepaid Visa card, but I was wondering if it will work with the 6 month sub.

The HBO gift cards are OOS everywhere. The app is easy enough to get on PS5 and Xbox, but the sub is proving difficult to get.
Community Updates
New Comment

Groups

14 Comments

sorted by
  1. Avatar
    Zippee18/12/2020 15:50

Hadouken you are a living legend, your method worked a treat. Confirmed …Hadouken you are a living legend, your method worked a treat. Confirmed HBO Max working on PS5, Xbox Series X and ipad.

No worries.

Can I just say this though (and no offence to anyone, you do as you please):

I work in the UK cinema industry & I write for several film publications, and I am vehemently against torrenting and that sort of thing.

I contribute towards the account share and I will always endeavour to see films in a cinema and contribute towards people who work to make them.

The industry needs you and your patronage more than ever, so to anyone reading this, please consider helping out by seeing a film in the cinema or renting it later, or even buying a disc.

I have accumulated over 3000 films on disc, watched 30 films at the cinema and paid towards seeing 346 titles this year, so I feel much less guilty about doing this sort of thing because I do my bit.

Cheers.

Happy Christmas everyone. (edited)
  2. Avatar
    Author
    Hadouken!18/12/2020 14:01

Worked with my Starling card by buying US iTunes vouchers but that was a …Worked with my Starling card by buying US iTunes vouchers but that was a few months ago... no guarantee.I’ve since got another workaround which is an account share.Already seen Wonder Woman in IMAX, but I’d be keen to see the rest of the slate in 2021.

Same here! I'd like to watch Wonder Woman 1984 over Xmas. 'Dune' is my main motivation for getting this HBO Max setup on my series X/PS5. I'd rather give them my money if I can, instead of going for a torrent. As I like the day one streams and I hope they continue after covid, as going to the cinema is becoming less and less enjoyable due to selfish people on their phones.

I'm in the middle of trying to get some itunes USA gift cards now. They've made it very hard to get this sub.
  3. Avatar
    Author
    Hadouken!18/12/2020 17:03

No worries.Can I just say this though (and no offence to anyone, you do as …No worries.Can I just say this though (and no offence to anyone, you do as you please):I work in the UK cinema industry & I write for several film publications, and I am vehemently against torrenting and that sort of thing.I contribute towards the account share and I will always endeavour to see films in a cinema and contribute towards people who work to make them.The industry needs you and your patronage more than ever, so to anyone reading this, please consider helping out by seeing a film in the cinema or renting it later, or even buying a disc.I have accumulated over 3000 films on disc, watched 30 films at the cinema and paid towards seeing 346 titles this year, so I feel much less guilty about doing this sort of thing because I do my bit.Cheers.Happy Christmas everyone.

I completely agree with this comment and that’s why I tried so hard to pay for a subscription to watch the film instead of turning to a torrent. I am a keen cinema goer and I would pay over £40 a time to take a family of four to the cinema for every Marvel and Star Wars movie. However, the cinema experience isn’t what it once was and I would prefer to stream from Disney+ etc. I paid the extra fee to stream Mulan on Disney+ and I’m glad they took the decision to do that and its good to see Warner Bros are doing it with all of their 2021 movie slate (Dune especially).

I buy Blu-rays and I pay for Netflix, Amazon Prime and Apple TV.

I’ve paid my dues to watch Wonder Woman 1984, so hopefully the trend of day one streams continues. It is just very short sighted of HBO to not give UK viewers an option to buy the stream. Sky have got the deal for HBO content, but no announcement on if it will be available in UK is forthcoming, so needs must.
  4. Avatar
    Use a VPN and pay with PayPal
  5. Avatar
    Author
    You can't pay with paypal.
  6. Avatar
    If you have an iPhone, it’s a wee bit of a faff but:
    Change your App Store to US
    Download HBO Max
    Pay with ITunes vouchers.
    Then use log in details on the other devices you own.

(Obvs the latter part with a VPN) (edited)
  7. Avatar
    Author
    Hadouken!18/12/2020 12:41

If you have an iPhone, it’s a wee bit of a faff but:Change your App Store t …If you have an iPhone, it’s a wee bit of a faff but:Change your App Store to USDownload HBO MaxPay with ITunes vouchers.Then use log in details on the other devices you own.(Obvs the latter part with a VPN)

Just one question - UK or USA itunes vouchers and do they need to loaded on the account before or after? I only ask as when I tried the Pay Pal method of doing it with itunes I had to verify my account and it was no dice.
  8. Avatar
    Zippee18/12/2020 13:36

Just one question - UK or USA itunes vouchers and do they need to loaded …Just one question - UK or USA itunes vouchers and do they need to loaded on the account before or after? I only ask as when I tried the Pay Pal method of doing it with itunes I had to verify my account and it was no dice.

Worked with my Starling card by buying US iTunes vouchers but that was a few months ago... no guarantee.

I’ve since got another workaround which is an account share.

Already seen Wonder Woman in IMAX, but I’d be keen to see the rest of the slate in 2021.
  9. Avatar
    Zippee18/12/2020 14:12

Same here! I'd like to watch Wonder Woman 1984 over Xmas. 'Dune' is my …Same here! I'd like to watch Wonder Woman 1984 over Xmas. 'Dune' is my main motivation for getting this HBO Max setup on my series X/PS5. I'd rather give them my money if I can, instead of going for a torrent. As I like the day one streams and I hope they continue after covid, as going to the cinema is becoming less and less enjoyable due to selfish people on their phones.I'm in the middle of trying to get some itunes USA gift cards now. They've made it very hard to get this sub.

Keep us updated how you do I wanna do same
  10. Avatar
    Author
    Hadouken you are a living legend, your method worked a treat. Confirmed HBO Max working on PS5, Xbox Series X and ipad.
  11. Avatar
    Also FYI
    You can’t change your App Store country if you have any subscriptions linked to the one you are currently using:

eg. If you are subscribed to Apple TV, it will tell you that you need to cancel it before changing country.
  12. Avatar
    Zippee18/12/2020 17:51

I completely agree with this comment and that’s why I tried so hard to pay …I completely agree with this comment and that’s why I tried so hard to pay for a subscription to watch the film instead of turning to a torrent. I am a keen cinema goer and I would pay over £40 a time to take a family of four to the cinema for every Marvel and Star Wars movie. However, the cinema experience isn’t what it once was and I would prefer to stream from Disney+ etc. I paid the extra fee to stream Mulan on Disney+ and I’m glad they took the decision to do that and its good to see Warner Bros are doing it with all of their 2021 movie slate (Dune especially). I buy Blu-rays and I pay for Netflix, Amazon Prime and Apple TV. I’ve paid my dues to watch Wonder Woman 1984, so hopefully the trend of day one streams continues. It is just very short sighted of HBO to not give UK viewers an option to buy the stream. Sky have got the deal for HBO content, but no announcement on if it will be available in UK is forthcoming, so needs must.

I applaud your endeavours.

(Try taking them to see films that aren’t the big blockbusters - less idiots in those and quite often more satisfying!)
  13. Avatar
    Hadouken!18/12/2020 14:01

Worked with my Starling card by buying US iTunes vouchers but that was a …Worked with my Starling card by buying US iTunes vouchers but that was a few months ago... no guarantee.I’ve since got another workaround which is an account share.Already seen Wonder Woman in IMAX, but I’d be keen to see the rest of the slate in 2021.

Can I just ask about the account share,
    And is anybody else interested in sharing an account
    From a total novice
  14. Avatar
    i tried this as of today via moldova, romania, argentina and netherlands, got all the way up until making payment via revolut/curve/starling and disposable cards but getting an error when clicking subscribe / pay via google play saying that my purchase cannot be completed. have tried everything to get it working via various vpns and clearing cache etc. it just doesn't accept payment. any help would be great.
Top Merchants