HBO MAX US - 1 Year Subscription for £23.69 via Argentinian VPN

Posted 9th Dec 2021
I was bored and randomly playing around with VPN's and things you could subscribe to and I noticed that HBO Max currently had an offer for 50% off the annual subscription via Argentina. If you go via the US, it's only around 12% (I think..).

I checked around to see what locations it was available in and since Argentina is a popular location for YouTube premium because of the exchange rate, I decided to take a punt and it worked !.

You have to complete the whole process via VPN as it's not "officially" available in the UK yet, so, using VPN Unlimited, I set it to Argentina and went to HBO Max to sign up.

Click on the button in the top right that should say "Regístrate ahora" (Sign Up)

On the next page, you'll see the sign up options and the yearly option should have the 50% underneath it, so click that and scroll down and choose "Seleccionar Plan" (Select Plan).

Create your account on the next page - I used a spare hotmail account that I had and that worked fine, but I don't know if you can use your own email.

Click "Crear una Cuenta" (Create Account) and you'll be taken to the payment page.

I used a Mastercard but I entered the correct name and the payment details and clicked "iniciar suscripción" (Start Subscription) and it worked.

You have to go to the email you used and verify the email, so I stayed connected to the VPN and did that and I now have full access.

Just a word of warning though - I did try streaming some content with the VPN still set to Argentina dnd it was horrible - almost 480p in resolution. I switched to VPN Unlimited's dedicated "Netflix" server for streaming and that fixed the problem and the quality was perfect.

Getting on to your TV will be down to you, dear reader
Community Updates
New Comment
40 Comments
  1. Avatar
    Author
    Not sure why this is a "discussion" but there you go. Anyway, here's proof, of sorts.

46352976-spVQR.jpg
    Also, if you look for the account settings and the option that says "Idioma de Pantalla" then that actually lets you set the display language to english.

I've just tried playing it on my 43" Roku TV via my HDMI cable that i've got connected and it works fine, although I can't get the sound to come out of the TV speakers if anyone has any hints ?
  2. Avatar
    Any other decent vpn subscription tricks? I got MUTV, youtube premium for cheap
  3. Avatar
    Author
    Mr.Krabs09/12/2021 23:11

Any other decent vpn subscription tricks? I got MUTV, youtube premium for …Any other decent vpn subscription tricks? I got MUTV, youtube premium for cheap

There's one currently going for Spotify

hotukdeals.com/dis…747

Might be worth paying attention on how to set up a foreign paypal account as that might let you subscribe to more things cheaply.

Just though - Paramount+ maybe ?. I know Sky subscribers currently get it, but might be an option for non-subscribers ?
    Edited by: "MattyPow" 9th Dec
  4. Avatar
    Author
    Also bear in mind that The Matrix 4 is scheduled to premiere on HBO Max on the same day as it hits cinemas.
  5. Avatar
    MattyPow09/12/2021 23:19

There's one currently going for Spotify …There's one currently going for Spotify https://www.hotukdeals.com/discussions/spotify-ukraine-starting-from-ps188student-ps376individual-fee-free-card-vpn-required-3844747#thread-commentsMight be worth paying attention on how to set up a foreign paypal account as that might let you subscribe to more things cheaply.Just though - Paramount+ maybe ?. I know Sky subscribers currently get it, but might be an option for non-subscribers ?

Good shout on the PayPal 🏻

Will look at the paramount+ thanks
  6. Avatar
    I've just tried playing it on my 43" Roku TV via my HDMI cable that i've got connected and it works fine, although I can't get the sound to come out of the TV speakers if anyone has any hints ?

Might need to change TV audio settings to hdmi if it still dont work than try laptop settings audio default settings to your TV, maybe need to restart TV/laptop.
  7. Avatar
    We need you to be bored more often @MattyPow
  8. Avatar

Any other decent vpn subscription tricks? I got MUTV, youtube premium for …Any other decent vpn subscription tricks? I got MUTV, youtube premium for cheap

NBA League Pass via India too
  9. Avatar
    MattyPow09/12/2021 23:03

Not sure why this is a "discussion" but there you go. Anyway, here's …Not sure why this is a "discussion" but there you go. Anyway, here's proof, of sorts.[Image] Also, if you look for the account settings and the option that says "Idioma de Pantalla" then that actually lets you set the display language to english.I've just tried playing it on my 43" Roku TV via my HDMI cable that i've got connected and it works fine, although I can't get the sound to come out of the TV speakers if anyone has any hints ?

I agree, it shouldn't be here where it will get missed, typical eh! Thanks for sharing, great find, I'll look into this tomorrow. I suspect an apk on my Android Box should do the trick
  10. Avatar
    I'm just about to sign up now, terms say it auto renews so worth cancelling as soon as you sign up, you still get the 12 months. Thanks again OP!
  11. Avatar
    Author
    SM8710/12/2021 02:02

I'm just about to sign up now, terms say it auto renews so worth …I'm just about to sign up now, terms say it auto renews so worth cancelling as soon as you sign up, you still get the 12 months. Thanks again OP!

Yes, definitely worth cancelling as soon as you sign up. It'll certainly a lot easier to watch on Android for sure with the ability to sideload the APK's and also using a VPN app before you start. I've got a Roku TV myself which is why I've got my PC connected to that with an HDMI cable as it won't be that straightforward.

Modded09/12/2021 23:46

Might need to change TV audio settings to hdmi if it still dont work than …Might need to change TV audio settings to hdmi if it still dont work than try laptop settings audio default settings to your TV, maybe need to restart TV/laptop.

Thanks. I managed to figure it out last night actually. In Windows, I have to choose "Extend these displays" in the Display section to get the PC to output to the TV first of all. Then I can just go in to the "Sound" section and change the speaker output to the Digital option and it works!

I've got Sky Sports Mobile and BT Sports Ultimate running via Bluestacks as well so that'll be handy for the football. I'm sure there's probably a more 'elegant' solution that you can set up, but this works as it is so that'll do me.

I'm still a bit miffed this was moved to discussions but I can sort of see why in a way as I suppose there could potentially be some piracy concerns since the service isn't fully available in the UK and Europe yet.
  12. Avatar
    MattyPow10/12/2021 09:18

Yes, definitely worth cancelling as soon as you sign up. It'll certainly …Yes, definitely worth cancelling as soon as you sign up. It'll certainly a lot easier to watch on Android for sure with the ability to sideload the APK's and also using a VPN app before you start. I've got a Roku TV myself which is why I've got my PC connected to that with an HDMI cable as it won't be that straightforward.Thanks. I managed to figure it out last night actually. In Windows, I have to choose "Extend these displays" in the Display section to get the PC to output to the TV first of all. Then I can just go in to the "Sound" section and change the speaker output to the Digital option and it works!I've got Sky Sports Mobile and BT Sports Ultimate running via Bluestacks as well so that'll be handy for the football. I'm sure there's probably a more 'elegant' solution that you can set up, but this works as it is so that'll do me.I'm still a bit miffed this was moved to discussions but I can sort of see why in a way as I suppose there could potentially be some piracy concerns since the service isn't fully available in the UK and Europe yet.

I wonder if we downloaded some content in app with the VPN on if we could watch it back without a VPN safely? I guess so as you usually don't need a connection to watch downloads. Could be an option for those casting or screensharing to a TV if no option to directly play on a TV. I'm thinking out loud more than anything
  13. Avatar
    Author
    SM8710/12/2021 09:30

I wonder if we downloaded some content in app with the VPN on if we could …I wonder if we downloaded some content in app with the VPN on if we could watch it back without a VPN safely? I guess so as you usually don't need a connection to watch downloads. Could be an option for those casting or screensharing to a TV if no option to directly play on a TV. I'm thinking out loud more than anything

Yeah that's a good point actually. It does support downloading for offline viewing and you can apparently download "up to" 30 films as well.

In my case, I suppose I could download something and move it to my PLEX folder to watch on my TV "normally".

Might be worth trying with The Matrix 4
  14. Avatar
    Author
    I just had a brief look at Paramount+ and tried via an Argentinian VPN again but it diverted me through to Canada.

The exchange rate puts it at £35 quid for an annual subscription. I didn't go through with the sign up though.
  15. Avatar
    Well done for this!!! Any other tricks? Apple one premier, Apple music etc?
  16. Avatar
    Author
    Ivandelsur11/12/2021 09:04

Well done for this!!! Any other tricks? Apple one premier, Apple music etc?

Thanks :). As far as I'm aware, you can get Apple subscriptions cheaper but you'd need a foreign iTunes account and you'd need to pay with gift cards rather than any kind of recurring payment.

I can't really try subscribing to anything else just yet as I need to watch the pennies, but I might give it a try somewhere down the line.
  17. Avatar

I got Tidal (music streaming cheap through Argentina) may be redundant if you already have YouTube though.
  18. Avatar
    MattyPow11/12/2021 09:14

Thanks :). As far as I'm aware, you can get Apple subscriptions cheaper …Thanks :). As far as I'm aware, you can get Apple subscriptions cheaper but you'd need a foreign iTunes account and you'd need to pay with gift cards rather than any kind of recurring payment.I can't really try subscribing to anything else just yet as I need to watch the pennies, but I might give it a try somewhere down the line.

OH wow! The thing with that is that I would need to Change my iTunes store and Icloud account on the iPhone to work I think....
  19. Avatar
    MattyPow11/12/2021 09:14

Thanks :). As far as I'm aware, you can get Apple subscriptions cheaper …Thanks :). As far as I'm aware, you can get Apple subscriptions cheaper but you'd need a foreign iTunes account and you'd need to pay with gift cards rather than any kind of recurring payment.I can't really try subscribing to anything else just yet as I need to watch the pennies, but I might give it a try somewhere down the line.

In the US, Apple One Premier includes Apple Music, Apple Arcade, Apple TV+, Apple News+, Apple Fitness+, and 2TB of iCloud for $29.95 a month while giving users the ability to share all of these services with up to six family members. In Brazil, for example, Apple One Premier costs around $12.
  20. Avatar
    Author
    Ivandelsur11/12/2021 11:07

OH wow! The thing with that is that I would need to Change my iTunes store …OH wow! The thing with that is that I would need to Change my iTunes store and Icloud account on the iPhone to work I think....

Same here and that's the reason I won't do it. I rely on my iPhone with all of my banking apps and other stuff and it would just be too much of a faff/inconvenience to start using the App Store from another country.
  21. Avatar
    MattyPow11/12/2021 14:51

Same here and that's the reason I won't do it. I rely on my iPhone with …Same here and that's the reason I won't do it. I rely on my iPhone with all of my banking apps and other stuff and it would just be too much of a faff/inconvenience to start using the App Store from another country.

Thats what I meant. There is no other way around it is thee?
  22. Avatar
    SM8710/12/2021 01:41

NBA League Pass via India too

Been doing that for years
  23. Avatar
    Anyone know how to get Microsoft 365 from a different country?
  24. Avatar
    Testaverde11/12/2021 16:32

Been doing that for years

Nice!! I only found out a few weeks back I find that I have to disable the VPN as the video is loading but before it starts otherwise the video doesn't play. Do you tend to just leave the VPN on? I find Indian VPNs to not be particularly good
  25. Avatar
    SM8711/12/2021 16:37

Nice!! I only found out a few weeks back I find that I have to disable …Nice!! I only found out a few weeks back I find that I have to disable the VPN as the video is loading but before it starts otherwise the video doesn't play. Do you tend to just leave the VPN on? I find Indian VPNs to not be particularly good

It used to be easier. Before you didn’t need a vpn apart from opening the app, but now it makes you use one while watching.
  26. Avatar
    Author
    Ivandelsur11/12/2021 16:34

Anyone know how to get Microsoft 365 from a different country?

Have a look at this list which is sorted by cheapest first. It might give you some ideas to try VPN's with maybe ?

office-watch.com/201…es/
  27. Avatar
    I take it one can use a UK issued card for payment?
    Edited by: "baladar" 12th Dec
  28. Avatar
    Author
    baladar12/12/2021 17:20

I take it one can use a UK issued card for payment?

I did. I used my UK issued credit card and entered everything correctly and it worked.
  29. Avatar
    MattyPow13/12/2021 15:05

I did. I used my UK issued credit card and entered everything correctly …I did. I used my UK issued credit card and entered everything correctly and it worked.

Thanks. I'll have a look. Surfshark's Argentinian location seems to not want to play ball at the minute for me.....
  30. Avatar
    Can the app be cast from phone to chrome cast?
  31. Avatar
    Author
    chaosingotham13/12/2021 20:58

No idea. I know I can play it on my TV as I have my PC connected to it via HDMI and it works nicely.
  32. Avatar
    Mm may have to invest in a chrome set it up on my phone then cast it
  33. Avatar
    chaosingotham13/12/2021 20:58

My experience is that both the phone and the cast receiver (in my case Nvidia Shield) have to be on VPN, when cast receiver not on VPN I received an error message.
    Edited by: "spet0555" 14th Dec
  34. Avatar
    It’s decent so far, enjoyed the new Will Smith film, it’s not worth it if you are a sky customer though as you get half the stuff on there.
  35. Avatar
    spet055514/12/2021 19:46

My experience is that both the phone and the cast receiver (in my case …My experience is that both the phone and the cast receiver (in my case Nvidia Shield) have to be on VPN, when cast receiver not on VPN I received an error message.

Interesting, I never thought to try with both on the same VPN, I know I couldn't case my phone with VPN on to my devices on my local network without VPN. I have VPN on the router now for when I need it so I'll give this a go. Thanks
  36. Avatar
    Worth noting thos offer, I haven't tried it yet for Netflix but it works perfectly for NBA League Pass and HBO:

hotukdeals.com/dea…424
  37. Avatar
    Do you have to run an Argentinian vpn to watch or can you switch the vpn to United States for speed sake?
  38. Avatar
    Author
    quintus.potgieter22/12/2021 01:19

Do you have to run an Argentinian vpn to watch or can you switch the vpn …Do you have to run an Argentinian vpn to watch or can you switch the vpn to United States for speed sake?

No, definitely don't use the Argentinian VPN to watch content as it's awful. I switched to the dedicated Netflix server on VPN Unlimited and it was very good quality.

I don't know what VPN you have, but it might be worth trying different US-based ones just to see though.
  39. Avatar
    MattyPow22/12/2021 09:39

No, definitely don't use the Argentinian VPN to watch content as it's …No, definitely don't use the Argentinian VPN to watch content as it's awful. I switched to the dedicated Netflix server on VPN Unlimited and it was very good quality.I don't know what VPN you have, but it might be worth trying different US-based ones just to see though.

The HBO one works well aswell I find, that's also US based
  40. Avatar
    Author
    SM8722/12/2021 12:14

The HBO one works well aswell I find, that's also US based

That's handy. I just need to decide if I want to watch The Matrix at home or wait to see it on the big screen
Post a comment
Top Merchants