Groups

HD AV cable for xbox 360

HELP! My son needs a new one of these, best I can find on a UK site is Play.com at £18 but dealextreme have them for around $13...is there any reason why I should by the one from the UK - are they all the same? Thanks!

9 Comments

do you mean an hdmi cable? if so i have a spare one you can have for a fiver [can list it if required for huk rules]

Original Poster

I will have to ask my son! I am not sure if that is what I want or not! No wonder my kids think I am a technological dunce, I will get back to you later, thanks

well, put it this way, i bought two (and one is in use connecting my xbox 360 to my lcd tv...)

hth
    dan

Original Poster

Been and got the damaged one so here goes...The cable splits in to two at one end and each of the two pieces has 3 pins on,
    one has green, red and blue
    other has white, grey/yellow, and red
    at the othe end there is a biggish plug type thing!
    It does say xbox 360 component HD AV cable on the plug.
    Does it sound like the one you have?

Flossiedoll;2291549

Been and got the damaged one so here goes...The cable splits in to two at … Been and got the damaged one so here goes...The cable splits in to two at one end and each of the two pieces has 3 pins on, one has green, red and blueother has white, grey/yellow, and redat the othe end there is a biggish plug type thing!It does say xbox 360 component HD AV cable on the plug.Does it sound like the one you have?

You are taking about a component cable not a HDMI cable.

Original Poster

Thank you!

yep, that isnt a digital (HDMI) cable you have... (but if your telly has HDMI I would advise you getting one, the difference in picture quality astounded me...)

Plus HDMI cables are cheaper - they can be had for about £3 at ebuyer: ebuyer.com/sea…491

Both the screen and xbox have to support it though.

Also you do not need to get a official Microsoft cable you can get one from play.com for £5.99. About the hdmi lead your xbox and tv must have this connection.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767228
      2. Fifa 18 web app Now active.11
      3. The HUKD Wuntu code sharing thread! (Three Mobile)40107
      4. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047102

See more discussions