Expired

HD DVD Recorder Advice

5 replies
Found 20th May 2008
HI Guys N' Girls,

Im pretty new to the site so firstly sorry if i am posting this in the wrong place. Im after some advice really.

I have an HD TV along with V+. I have what I know know is an HD upscaling DVD player which when i bought a few cheap HD-DVDs I now realise my player will not play!! (yeah i know im a plank!)

What I am looking for ideally is a DVD player that will record DVDs in a normal format with the facility to Play HD-DVDs. Nice to haves would be a USB input and possibly a Home cinema system. I obviously dont require an onboard Hard disk as that is what I use V+ for. The reason for the Recording option is to take off the recorded programs off my v+ box as i dont know a way of linking it to my comuter unless I use a TV card! Anyway im getting off the point.

DVD Recorder, (Must)
HD-DVD Playable (Must)
USB (Option)
Home Cinema System (option)

Dont want to pay any more than £200 but will stretch to more as i have no idea if one exisits or the going rate.

Advanced Thanks to anyone that can help.

Andy

5 Comments

Try digital direct they are quite good and have some good offers at times

I think that you will struggle to find a HDDVD player that can record as well. The technology didn't really develop much before the plug was pulled on HDDVD. I could be wrong but I have never seen one that can play and record. I do remeber seeing an LG player that can play HDDVD and Bluray though

mybe try looking for a HDD recorder that plays HDDVD

statto1978;2142634

I think that you will struggle to find a HDDVD player that can record as … I think that you will struggle to find a HDDVD player that can record as well. The technology didn't really develop much before the plug was pulled on HDDVD. I could be wrong but I have never seen one that can play and record. I do remeber seeing an LG player that can play HDDVD and Bluray though

yup unless you go with a pc based option with one of the lg drives, maybe someone will come up with a standalone box but as hddvd is officially dropped not much chance

Original Poster

Thanks a Lot for all your advice guys I never actually realeased that HD DVD had been dropped hence why it seemed such a good deal at the time. That digital direct site looks great though, I take it you would recommend them?

Thanks Andy
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Misco about to go into administration913
    2. EA shuts down Visceral Games.56
    3. word association Game74244871
    4. 5 Letter Scrabble Game52322826

See more discussions