Groups

HD-DVDS issues

Im using the XBOX HD-DVD player and on most films, there is noticable out of synch lip speech. Also the picture stutters when it moves. Do all films do this on hd-dvd?

I ask ages ago and someone said that this is common.

9 Comments

Banned

Soz don't know anything about the X Box so maybe talking a load of carp here.

I got my HD DVD player going thru an amplifier with no lip synch probs at all, however with my Sky HD box I had to adjust the settings on it to cure what was very serious lip synch. This was done through the Audio section of the services menu. I can also do this through altering the delay on the amplifier.

What I'm suggesting is that maybe there is a setting on the XBox that'll allow you to cure the problem.
    Hope this helps somewhat! :thumbsup:

that shouldn't be doing that, sounds like a problem with your setup/equipment.

Got my xbox drive running through a yamaha amp and no problems at all so sounds like you do have a problem.
    Sorry, can't offer a solution though.

Original Poster

Hmm, i dont have it through an amp but i will try again soon. Cheers.

BTW What is the purpose of an amp?

kiwinator;3206966

Hmm, i dont have it through an amp but i will try again soon. Cheers.BTW … Hmm, i dont have it through an amp but i will try again soon. Cheers.BTW What is the purpose of an amp?

better bass

Original Poster

dandoc2;3206985

better bass

Is that it? So you pay like £400+ just for better bass? :?

Banned

kiwinator;3206966

Hmm, i dont have it through an amp but i will try again soon. Cheers.BTW … Hmm, i dont have it through an amp but i will try again soon. Cheers.BTW What is the purpose of an amp?

7.1 or 5.1 surround, better bass, and general more noise (loudness) Can't beat it! :thumbsup:

Original Poster

Oh right i see.

ye but he doesnt need an expensive bass to solve the problem, i seriously hope u havent gone out and wasted ur money, its faulty equipment, i had exactly the same problem as u, it freezes thruout and is out of lip sync, just contact where u bought the drive from (mine was game) and they will give you another unit.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. U.S. bombers fly off North Korea's coast in show of force1826
      2. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would2494
      3. Cat Chat76734
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767394

See more discussions