Found 11th Apr 2010
I now have the Sony Bravia KDL40W5810 from M&S. We have basic sky package. What is the cheapest way to receive Freesat? Or/and HD? BBC iplayer? All this technical stuff is confusing me. No-one else in the house is any good at this either but they all want to watch everything!!!
Anybody help me or offer advice? I'd be really grateful.

7 Comments

You don't need Sky to get Freesat - your tv has the tuner to receive it already - all you need to do is plug in your sky cable into your tv and it will work.

BBC iPlayer will probably function due to an update your tv will prompt you for, although I'm not sure about this.

if you cancel sky you will still get sky freeview
on the box so no need to buy anything
but its limited to itv and bbc c4 five chanels mainly
if you buy a free view box you will
will also get dave and sky sports news and virigin chanels
i have sky free view in main room and fre view in bed room

Running a humax box for freesat, it is good but the only let down is no Dave channel

Would never pay sky silly prices

moob;8336863

You don't need Sky to get Freesat - your tv has the tuner to receive it … You don't need Sky to get Freesat - your tv has the tuner to receive it already - all you need to do is plug in your sky cable into your tv and it will work.BBC iPlayer will probably function due to an update your tv will prompt you for, although I'm not sure about this.

:thumbsup: As above

kdl40w5810.co.uk/cat…on/

dcx_badass;8337324

The TV has freesat built in so ignore everyone telling you to buy a box, … The TV has freesat built in so ignore everyone telling you to buy a box, you just need to connect the satellite cable to the TV.

Indeed, but if the OP wants to use Sky and Freesat, they will require an additional cable from their LNB ( Dish ) to their TV Satellite input.

Inactive;8337732

Indeed, but if the OP wants to use Sky and Freesat, they will require an … Indeed, but if the OP wants to use Sky and Freesat, they will require an additional cable from their LNB ( Dish ) to their TV Satellite input.

Ahh, good point, I never took that from the OP.

Original Poster

Thanks for all your help folks!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769188
    2. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…18186622
    3. Mercedes-Benz recalls 400,000 cars in UK over airbag fault11
    4. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread427214624

See more discussions