Found 25th Sep 2009
Can anyone suggest a laptop which not only lets you play HD DVDs, but also allows you to make HD discs from an HD camcorder?

It's for my mate who wants to save the DVDs of his kids growing up on to an HD disk!

1. Ask
  2. Laptop
Groups
  1. Ask
  2. Laptop
6 Comments

hd dvd is dead mate no laptop will have it they will have blu-ray readers/writers

Original Poster

rocko5000;6393220

hd dvd is dead mate no laptop will have it they will have blu-ray … hd dvd is dead mate no laptop will have it they will have blu-ray readers/writers

Thanks.

Which are the best ones with blu-ray readers/writers?

He has been recommended the Sony Vaio VGNFW41ZJ/H.

just curious why he wants to this on a laptop as a desktop would be cheaper and much easier

Original Poster

rocko5000;6393354

just curious why he wants to this on a laptop as a desktop would be … just curious why he wants to this on a laptop as a desktop would be cheaper and much easier

He has a small house, and their PC is kept in the kids bedroom. Wants to use the laptop to surf the internet in the evenings too.

Tell him to get a laptop, then buy an external blu ray writer as I think that would be the cheapest option

Original Poster

Kahlon;6393477

Tell him to get a laptop, then buy an external blu ray writer as I think … Tell him to get a laptop, then buy an external blu ray writer as I think that would be the cheapest option

Thanks. That sounds good advice.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769239
    2. Misco about to go into administration88
    3. EA shuts down Visceral Games.22
    4. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!564099

See more discussions