Groups

HD Media Player help needed

Right. Well i have an external hard drive which is USB which was packed to the rafters with MP3 and High Def WMV (this used to be connected to an Xbox360 which i have since sold on)

My PC is upstairs so running HDMI cables etc around the house is a no no. Basically, is there something i can buy, quite cheap which i can connect this drive to to run all my films in HD etc to my TV?

Ive seen media centres and the like but these are well over £200 which is not really what i want to pay. I just want to connect my drive to something and be able to output HDMI and maybe Optical out. Is there anything anyone can suggest?

4 Comments

WDTV Live, i have one of these and it's excellent

Original Poster

does this run standalone or do i need to use my PC as well? Because ideally id just like to connect the drive to it and away we go

Stand alone, connect your HDD via USB, connect an ethernet cable and away you go

Shows up on your windows machine, map it as a network drive. (if you want to obviously)
    Runs 1080p .mkv's lovely

Original Poster

sancho1983;7452141

Stand alone, connect your HDD via USB, connect an ethernet cable and away … Stand alone, connect your HDD via USB, connect an ethernet cable and away you goShows up on your windows machine, map it as a network drive. (if you want to obviously)Runs 1080p .mkv's lovely

Cheers mate, rep added :thumbsup: Looks like just what i wanted!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …235747
      2. Aloha! Flamedeer Vacation is LIVE (until August 28th at 5pm)2838
      3. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!523454
      4. Show us your Photos 2017. August's Theme - Animals30404

See more discussions