Groups

HD virgin......advice needed

Both my mom and myself are contemplating buying new LCD TV's (probably the freesat HD LG 37" from Argos).

Anyway, I have sky+ so may either take another feed of my dish if possible to feed the freesat or may upgrade to sky HD.

My mom on the other hand has nothing other than a good old aeriel.

I have heard stories of HD tv's not being very good for standard terrestrial broadcasts.

Is this true, if she has a HD tv with an aeriel input (she will not have sky and not freeview HD unless the prices come down) is the picture going to be any good?

7 Comments

I've noticed the normal sky sports channels the players have like a fuzzy border around them, I think some of the channels in SD is pretty poor tbh.

Original Poster

Not to bothered on my mom's as far as sport goes, unless Rita or Norris take up golf.

Lol well that was the most noticeable example I could think of.

Original Poster

So is normally transmitted stuff i.e corrie blah.. blah.. blah.. look alright on a(n) HD tv?

Does the TV have Freeview built in? The picture is ok on mine with freeview, but awful for analogue TV.

Original Poster

It has freesat HD inbuilt so I could possible get a dish for her.

any tv is only as good as what you put through it.
    you could buy a fabulous pioneer kuro and if you feed a poor signal into it you'll see a bad picture.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. *** Weekly game codes giveaway 188 ***620
      2. Seems that Uber will NOT have it's London Licence Renewed by TFL - declarin…1014
      3. What would be HELL to you?1819
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767291

See more discussions