Groups
    EXPIRED

HDD Enclosure Help Required

Just had a 2TB drive fail

Is is backed up but would like to try and get it working as it may just be enclosure...

Can someone link me to a suitable enclosure on Amazon if possible that would work please as have never done this before

I use Mac OSX if that makes a difference and its a 2TB drive

Pic of drive in next post

6 Comments

Original Poster

http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/745/photoavx.jpg

Your local independent computer shop will probably stock them. They may be willing to check it for you for free. It might be worth doing that first?

Original Poster

dcx_badass;8363046

I'd get a HDD dock instead.

got a link please?
    whatsThePoint;8363047

Or just plug it into you PC if its not a laptop

laptop only

I'd get an enclosure if you have kids, the docking stations aren't a great idea when they're running about.

Do you need usb - is the drive sata/estata?

NB - The failure is down to all that nazi pron you've downloaded.:lol:

dcx_badass;8363200

A dock is more practical to just test it, buf it's it's longterm, then an … A dock is more practical to just test it, buf it's it's longterm, then an enclosure may be better.

I'm not disputing the practicalities on using a dock in most circumstances - but if you have young kids (bit younger than yourself) then they're entirely impractical, which was my point.

Original Poster

no kids,never ever

will get a dock as that looks less messing

irony is that is the only drive I have with legit stuff on it!

thanks and rep left
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767259
      2. word association Game73944482
      3. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17826370
      4. Lets hope that there are as few injuries as possible - Parson's Green40214

See more discussions