DHgate can be trusted?

Posted 29th Feb
Hi,

I have been looking for an electric scooter for a while and found this too good to be true price on DHgate here: m.dhgate.com/product/international-version-xiaomi-mijia-m365-pro/520919389.html

3415248.jpg
£243.00 for the pro version of the Xiaomi M365 electric scooter. There are plenty of pictures of the scooter being advertised as the official one and to be the PRO version as well. The seller doesn't have a single review and that makes me think it could be a fake? Also in the shipping description it states "the shipping time will be long about 45-60 days, and there will be no update tracking information when the goods on the train. Please extend the processing time 60 days when place an order." and it ships from China.

3415248.jpg
I think if this is to be real I would be looking at an absolute bargain but those things I mentioned make me feel like it's one of those that make you wait until the 60 days run out an then is too late to claim your money back and you get nothing or a fake item. If I was to buy it with my AMEX I would have 90 days protection on the purchase so I could claim my money back with them.

Just wanted to know what do you think? have you had bad experiences with DHgate in the past? I have read comments from people calling them pirates that never refund you if the item you receive is fake lr not what you ordered.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

12 Comments
DHgate*! Apologies..
Yes it can be trusted and something like that would be shipped DHL so it’s the custom charge you need to worry about.
I’ve used them before with no issues, just check feedback etc on sellers
Also, the sellers do not receive the funds until you receive the goods. Once you receive you will be contacted by DHGate to ensure all is well.
Delivery time seems right to be fair, it’s usually 30-45 days on these items but with current affairs things are slightly slower.
By using a credit card just in case so a charge back is quick should nothing go to plan
Thank you , I will have a proper look at the seller and custom charge, probably give it a go if everything looks right. If anything doesn't go to plan I will claim to AMEX or DHgate. It is a massive saving comparing with Halfords after all.
Never had problems such as delivery or anything, however have had some poor quality items but nothing major
I have had both good and bad experiences with DHgate. It is down to the seller. Just make sure the seller has good feedback. DHgate don’t really do anything if you have a problem.
Zero consumer protection in UK except possibly for gesture of goodwill assistance from payment card issuer, and even then the gesture of goodwill will (sic) not last beyond 120days. After that it is unlikely you can obtain any credible nor practical assistance or support from anywhere, so any suggested warranty is effectively meaningless as it is impractical to enforce.
HotFedEx29/02/2020 15:34

...If I was to buy it with my AMEX I would have 90 days protection on the …...If I was to buy it with my AMEX I would have 90 days protection on the purchase so I could claim my money back with them.

Pause for a moment. Consider where you have seen the summary phrase suggesting AMEX provides "90 days protection on the purchase". Spend a few minutes checking the source of that stated protection and post back with a URL to the protection t&c that you may rely on to recover your money if the purchase goes south.
Used them a few times no complaints
HotFedEx29/02/2020 16:24

Thank you , I will have a proper look at the seller and custom …Thank you , I will have a proper look at the seller and custom charge, probably give it a go if everything looks right. If anything doesn't go to plan I will claim to AMEX or DHgate. It is a massive saving comparing with Halfords after all.

Seems AMEX would be the worst choice for funding such a reckless purchase. No response to applicability of AMEX 90 days protection so (presumably) reasonable to assume no 90 days protection would apply, which indicates AMEX is hands down the worst possible choice of payment medium in these circumstances where other payment mechanisms based on Mastercard and VISA would be eligible for gesture of goodwill 120 days protection.
I just had a refund because this seller put the wrong track code twice.. Just a scam. Don't believe it.. Waste of time
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants