HDMI

Posted 17th Jun
Just got myself and LG E9 and a sound bar.
Do I need any particular hdmi cables???
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

7 Comments
I use these with no problems
amazon.co.uk/CSL…294
Edited by: "Danze1984" 17th Jun
Danze198417/06/2020 08:43

I use these with no …I use these with no problemshttps://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=high+speed+hdmi&ref=nb_sb_noss_1

Do they support EARC??
Nick8917/06/2020 08:51

Do they support EARC??

Is a soundbar ever going to make full use of that? If you have a 7.2.4 setup, then maybe, but there's no way anyone will hear a noticeable difference on a soundbar.
Any reasonable (High Speed) HDMI with Ethernet cable should support EARC. Your existing cables will probably work fine. To support the other features of HDMI 2.1 in the future you will need cables described as Ultra High Speed.

Both your TV & soundbar would need to be compatible with EARC to gain the benefits of the technology.

”Ultra High Speed HDMI Cables are designed to support the new eARC feature in addition to the highest resolution video modes. The Standard HDMI Cable with Ethernet and the High Speed HDMI Cable with Ethernet will also support eARC.“
hdmi.org/spe…ble
Edited by: "captainbeaky" 17th Jun
Yea my LG E9 supports EARC as well as my sound bar. So do I need a specific cable for that bit, then just standard 4k hdmi cable for sky and ps4
captainbeaky17/06/2020 09:46

Any reasonable (High Speed) HDMI with Ethernet cable should support EARC. …Any reasonable (High Speed) HDMI with Ethernet cable should support EARC. Your existing cables will probably work fine. To support the other features of HDMI 2.1 in the future you will need cables described as Ultra High Speed.Both your TV & soundbar would need to be compatible with EARC to gain the benefits of the technology.”Ultra High Speed HDMI Cables are designed to support the new eARC feature in addition to the highest resolution video modes. The Standard HDMI Cable with Ethernet and the High Speed HDMI Cable with Ethernet will also support eARC.“https://www.hdmi.org/spec21Sub/UltraHighSpeedCable

Yea my LG E9 supports EARC as well as my sound bar. So do I need a specific cable for that bit, then just standard 4k hdmi cable for sky and ps4
Any recomendations?
Nick8917/06/2020 09:56

Yea my LG E9 supports EARC as well as my sound bar. So do I need a …Yea my LG E9 supports EARC as well as my sound bar. So do I need a specific cable for that bit, then just standard 4k hdmi cable for sky and ps4Any recomendations?

Standard 4k cable.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants