Groups

HDMI and gaming chair audio?

Bought a new hdtv recently and now i'm connecting my xbox 360 through hdmi. But because the sound and video both go through the hdmi, how do i get sound coming out of the gaming chair? I used to connect the yellow cable to the tv and then i would get the red and white put it into an adapter which would then connect to my gaming chair and give me stereo sound.

Thanks for any help.

11 Comments

you can get a connector that goes in above the HDMI cable that looks like the orginal component cable. That allows the sound to come out and go through another output aswell as your TV.

amazon.co.uk/Mic…CK6
    There are probably cheaper 3rd party alternatives.

Alternatively you could use phono cables from the TV if it has the output connections.
    Edited by: "MBeeching" 6th Jan 2011

Just do exactly the same with the red and white cables as you used to and use the hdmi for video surely?

dh058977

Just do exactly the same with the red and white cables as you used to and … Just do exactly the same with the red and white cables as you used to and use the hdmi for video surely?

Oh I see what you mean. Plug both video outputs at the same time? i.e. bulky composite with audio, plus HDMI.
    It should work assuming the Xbox is clever enough.
    Edited by: "MBeeching" 6th Jan 2011

I'm not sure with the 360, but on the PS3, you can split the signals so that you use HDMI for Video, and the supplied composite cable for the audio.

thesaint

I'm not sure with the 360, but on the PS3, you can split the signals so … I'm not sure with the 360, but on the PS3, you can split the signals so that you use HDMI for Video, and the supplied composite cable for the audio.

You can with the 360 as well.

MBeeching

Oh I see what you mean. Plug both video outputs at the same time? i.e. … Oh I see what you mean. Plug both video outputs at the same time? i.e. bulky composite with audio, plus HDMI.It should work assuming the Xbox is clever enough.

Yeah it works, its how i do it with my elite

Original Poster

MBeeching

Oh I see what you mean. Plug both video outputs at the same time? i.e. … Oh I see what you mean. Plug both video outputs at the same time? i.e. bulky composite with audio, plus HDMI.It should work assuming the Xbox is clever enough.

both the hdmi and av slot are next to each other so they can't both fit in the same time

my tv has a headphone socket so i tried connecting it straight to the chair, but the sound isn't proper stereo, the left side you can barely hear and it becomes a lot quiter and less bass, make the chair feel crap.

i think im gonna go for what the second poster said but the cheaper 3rd party alternative on ebay

edt. im just gonna follow this easier and free!

chadledford.com/?p=50

Edited by: "mohan731" 7th Jan 2011

I didnt have to hack mine for my elite with a third party cable
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. One for the mathmeticians22
      2. SNES Classic launches 29th September 2017 - Check for stock and pre-order i…4671413
      3. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread424614496
      4. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7261375

See more discussions