Groups

HDMI ARC

Hello all, I have a toshiba 48u7653db tv and I've recently bought Sony Ht-CT770 sound bar to go along with it. However, I'm unable to set up audio via hdmi arc.
    There is a side hdmi socket on tv which says ARC so I've connected hdmi to this and the soundbar. Have I missed anything?
    Sky box is connected to tele via normal HDMI port.
    This is the first time I'm using HDMI arc so getting very confused.
    Optical cable when connected to tv and soundbar works fine but the downside is that I cannot use tv remote to control volume.
    Tia.

8 Comments

the hdmi (Audio Return Chanel) setting on the tv settings might need to be changed it willl have a few options, have u tried that?

Original Poster

theone89

the hdmi (Audio Return Chanel) setting on the tv settings might need to … the hdmi (Audio Return Chanel) setting on the tv settings might need to be changed it willl have a few options, have u tried that?

There's nothing coming up under tv settings.
    It just says audio line out/ headphone.

Original Poster

Does this tv has ARC feature?

mustangt

Does this tv has ARC feature?

​yep, he quotes it above but I think you need to turn on cec aswell .

It will only be on a single hdmi port if the TV actually features it...

So check the manual / back of the TV to see which port has the ARC

EDIT: the manual says you need to use hdmi 3 for ARC

Edited by: "droitwichdosser" 26th Oct 2016

Original Poster

droitwichdosser

It will only be on a single hdmi port if the TV actually features it...So … It will only be on a single hdmi port if the TV actually features it...So check the manual / back of the TV to see which port has the ARCEDIT: the manual says you need to use hdmi 3 for ARC

Thanks for replying.
    I've used the 3rd HDMI port but nothing happens.
    Is there a special HDMI cable we have to use or any high speed HDMI cable?
    (The arc on soundbar says HDMI arc out)
    Is there anything that I've missed.
    Please let me know.
    Many thanks.

So you are going from HDMI 3 on the TV to the HDMI out (the one with the with hatching around it) on the soundbar? as long as you have the correct selection on the soundbar it should work i would have thought.

can you test the soundbar using the NFC with a phone, just prove that it works?

Special hdmi? no, they are just cables that carry a digital signal, as long as its not broken then any should work fine

mustangt

Thanks for replying. I've used the 3rd HDMI port but nothing happens. Is … Thanks for replying. I've used the 3rd HDMI port but nothing happens. Is there a special HDMI cable we have to use or any high speed HDMI cable? (The arc on soundbar says HDMI arc out) Is there anything that I've missed. Please let me know. Many thanks.

Edited by: "droitwichdosser" 26th Oct 2016

Original Poster

Thanks again. Will get back to you with regards to nfc by tomorrow.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047166
      2. 3x Now TV Sky Sports Day Passes to Giveaway1212
      3. Cat Chat77739
      4. word association Game74044560

See more discussions