Groups

HDMI CABLE DVD TO TV no difference

I have a hd lg hd ready tv not full 700 or whaterver it is,i also have a hdmi dvd player upscaling to 1080 'i've just bought a hdmi cable (£24.99) connected to dvd player and tv put dvd in and picture is exactly the same with the cable in ,am i doing something wrong do i have to have the picture on cetain size 16.9 as i currently have it on zoom .is it supposed to make a difference on normal dvd's ,if i was to put in a blureay disk whould i benefit from a better picture or not cos it's not a bluray dvd player ,can someone please explain how this works and how i can benefit from better picture by forking out 25 quid for this cable cheers???

13 Comments

What exact model TV is it and what DVD player,All have different settings in the menus,

£25! I bought one off ebay for a couple of quid the other day ;-)

hope you can get it sorted

Have you just changed the dvd to tv connection from scart to HDMI? If so instead of your tv doing the upscaling of the image your dvd player if you set at 1080p or 720p and unless you have a good up scaling dvd player (such as a oppo) there will be minimal difference.

If you brought a Blu-ray player and put a blu-ray disk in that then you should notice a difference bet the blu and dvd. BUt your dvd player will not play blu-ray discs.

Most people will tell you there is no difference in a cable priced at 99p and £100. Also with upscaling, it is not high definition, only a slightly improved dvd image.

You will need a blu-ray player, if you want to play blu-rays.

Also - Set your picture size to 16:9

blu ray discs wont work if you have no blu ray player

Take the cable back, seriously £25 is mental. Some people can tell the difference, so they say.

In my opinion, it's digital, it's either on or off, it will work or won't work. A £100 printer cable wouldn't make you're printing any better.

Original Poster

dananana;6508620

Have you just changed the dvd to tv connection from scart to HDMI? If so … Have you just changed the dvd to tv connection from scart to HDMI? If so instead of your tv doing the upscaling of the image your dvd player if you set at 1080p or 720p and unless you have a good up scaling dvd player (such as a oppo) there will be minimal difference. If you brought a Blu-ray player and put a blu-ray disk in that then you should notice a difference bet the blu and dvd. BUt your dvd player will not play blu-ray discs.

I've still got my tv to dvd via scart then i just put the hdmi cable on also in dvd to tv but defiantly no difference

Original Poster

tonyg1962;6508507

What exact model TV is it and what DVD player,All have different settings … What exact model TV is it and what DVD player,All have different settings in the menus,

lg tv and panasonic dvd player

Original Poster

sancho1983;6508928

Take the cable back, seriously £25 is mental. Some people can tell the … Take the cable back, seriously £25 is mental. Some people can tell the difference, so they say.In my opinion, it's digital, it's either on or off, it will work or won't work. A £100 printer cable wouldn't make you're printing any better.

i thought i'd get a decent one instead of getting one of ebay for a couple of quid thinking it would be better but it doesn't do anything just can't understand why they make these things and there's no difference

First of all try unplugging your scart lead, then you'll know whether the picture is going by HDMI or scart for sure...

evo7;6509129

i thought i'd get a decent one instead of getting one of ebay for a … i thought i'd get a decent one instead of getting one of ebay for a couple of quid thinking it would be better but it doesn't do anything just can't understand why they make these things and there's no difference

There is no difference if you are using a

I call this thread as a windup. The using the HDMI and scart together and putting a blu-ray disc in the DVD player. Either that or the poster is Special Needs.

Jetpac;6509640

There is no difference if you are using a

Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Speccing a gaming pc37
      2. help: windows 10 wifi issue55
      3. Best IPTV Paid service?1721
      4. advice needed on dumbell weight training please46

See more discussions