Groups
    EXPIRED

HDMI Cables - Best Price.

I am looking for the best price on HDMI cables, the signal is digital so i don't see the point of spending stupid money on them (unlike analoge cables).

thanks

7 Comments

They're as cheap as chips on eBay. One just went for £7 including p&p.

CJ

Yup I have to agree, for quality cables I find eBay to be the best buy.

Original Poster

Thanks just bought 2 x hdmi 2m cables for £5.19 on ebay, BARGAIN!

Funny didn't even think about ebay :-)

darknoiz

Thanks just bought 2 x hdmi 2m cables for £5.19 on ebay, BARGAIN!Funny … Thanks just bought 2 x hdmi 2m cables for £5.19 on ebay, BARGAIN!Funny didn't even think about ebay :-)

Good deal! Glad to have been of assistance.

CJ

Banned

Moster cables are the dogs nuts, the HDMI cable been no exeption, you can really see the difference with these things

paulttt

Moster cables are the dogs nuts, the HDMI cable been no exeption, you can … Moster cables are the dogs nuts, the HDMI cable been no exeption, you can really see the difference with these things

I take you mean Monster, yeah these really are good cables. As for HDMI, I am not too sure. After all it is a digital connection, not the old analogue come better quality over different cable stuff.

I do have a HD ready big tv but have not really used it yet, just got standard Sky plugged in via gold plated RGB scart and a crap dvd player via scart.

I would use component for DVD but it does not output this, to be honest I will not upgrade my dvd player until next year when I will go for Sky HD, at least then we will see Sky broadcsting more channels.

And also the Xbox 360 is just perfect running through component. Just get some good quality component cables for your 360 and DVD player, as stated Monster are good but are stupidly expensive, others to consider are Ixos, Belkin, QED, Vivanco also do some good cheap cables, just make sure you look at the quality of each cable you buy. You want to make sure the cable you buy gurantees OFC (Oxygen Free Conductors), this means a neutral gas was injected into the machine when the wire was melted and cooled. This reduces the ammount of oxygen that may start to oxidize the copper while it was liquid, either Gold Plated or Silver connectors depending on your requirements.

To be honest, for a home setup for the average Joe Bloggs then as long as you are getting the above qualities then the difference between paying £40+ for Monster or Ixos is no different to paying £15+ for Vivanco. If I rememver correctly I think Vivanco are a part of the Phillips group but do not hold me on that one.

I use Vivanco cables, Oxygen Free, Gold Played and they have guaranteed me that they use all connections in my scart cable, (some cheaper ones do not thus resulting is poorer quality). Oh and they are less than £20 delivered for a nice 3m rgb scart cable.

I have had a few beers tonight peeps, but I hope this makes snese and helps a few people trying to connect their dvd and sky to their HD tv using scart and component. But as I say, as for HDMI cables I have yet to find out the difference between cheapo stuff and expensive stuff.

Cheap cables provide cheap results, no question. i suppose the golden rule is to use cheaper cables with cheaper equipment, but using cheap cables on quality equipment is false economy.

Vivanco are not part of the Philips group but do make perfectly acceptable interconnects. This being said the levels of screening and cable geometry they use in most of their range is not as good as say QED or Chord.

Ebay can be a god place to purchase but there is a lot of crap for sale. Personally I would go for a QED qunex HDMI-P or for something a little cheaper but still great quality try a Fisual HDMI from [URL="www.audiovisualonline.co.uk"]HERE[/URL], my uses 3 of these with a switcher and quality is spot on for very little money. If you have high end gear then also take a look at a [URL="www.chord.co.uk"]CHORD[/URL] HDMI, well worth the layout for the right equipment.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767343
      2. word association Game73944514
      3. Do cheeky drivers annoy you when they park outside your house and leave it …2238
      4. *** Weekly game codes giveaway 188 ***1125

See more discussions