Groups

HDMI Cables - Cheapest DECENT one thats 2m Long?

Hey all,

As title suggests, where is the best place to get a decent quality HDMI cable for a good price? About 1.5 to 2m in length. Its just to run from my PC to my 1080P monitor (so doesnt have to be 4k).

Looked at poundland/bargain shop ones but they all seem flimsy and cheaply made (to be expected for the price).

13 Comments

Original Poster

On an unrelated note, how the bloody hell do you stop all these sodding "WIN" competitions that keep appearing every night in the HOT feed? Im assuming its because you lot enter competitions at night while laid in bed so they all appear
    Does my ruddy tree in! X)

About £1-99 on ebay for 3m

The £1 ones are as good as the £20+ ones if your just running 1080

Original Poster

Forgot to add - Had a lot of hit and miss with ebay for cables in the past (particularly phone cables).
    Some good ones and some that were pound shop quality.

Nice car Btw

maplin recently had some cheap ones ... check there website ... under £3 from wat I remember

Personally I go for the braided cables. I've went through a lot of the cheap ebay/amazon ones and while they look ok you normally find where the connector housing is eventually breaks comes loose or breaks.

On the example picture below. Found these cheap ones that the gold connector part leaves the house or where the little seal across the middle of the housing is comes apart.
    http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/gjIAAOSwnNBXV~an/s-l500.jpg

Found these types to last longer and normally only £1 or few pence more expensive.
    http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/Y3MAAOSwu1VW2Vqh/s-l500.jpg

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01033D1R2/ref=twister_B01AY76SAO?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
    3.49 free delivery decent reviews

These guys offer a lifetime guarantee. British firm.

amazon.co.uk/Jui…h=1

Original Poster

Cheers guys.
    cecilmcroberts - thats the problem ive got with the current cable, the plastic has come away from the gold and made the connection unstable, so if my PC gets knocked even slightly, the monitor disconnects and wont come back on unless i unplug the cable or restart the PC. Will be taking your advice for the stronger (braided) cable

Treboeth - those 2nd cables look very good, thanks for pointing them out.

Tawse57 - ive used JuicEbitz micro usb cables before and they are very good. Thanks for reminding me of them, might go down that route yet.

Asda

I like blue rigger cables, check Amazon

I would go for Amazon basics as they get good reviews and if you break them then you can send them back hassle free.
    £6.99 for 2x 2m and Highspeed so 4K capable.

amazon.co.uk/Ama…sic
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Parcel Hero weight adjustment69
      2. I want some backless loafers for men44
      3. Phone "Upgrade"47
      4. Sportsmania.eu down. Any alternatives?2854

See more discussions