Found 12th Feb
I have a Panasonic tv but the HDMI 1 is too loose and I keep losing the connection. I have a John Lewis warranty. Would you this be covered?

1. Ask
  2. HDMI
  3. TV
Groups
  1. Ask
  2. HDMI
  3. TV
15 Comments

Might seem a bit obvious but I guess you have tried a different cable? I've had a couple of accessions where this has happened, and it's been down to the cable connector rather than the port.

Duck tape it in

ask john lewis

That's what she said

chocci

Duck tape it in

​lol

I would try the amazon firestick extension cable as that will give you a new plug.Look at this on eBay ebay.co.uk/itm…978 Warranty is a good option if you think the hdmi plug is not at fault

Original Poster

its definitely the hole lol. My daughter yanks leads out and breaks everything.

Original Poster

thanks for the suggestions though.

mymymy

its definitely the hole lol. My daughter yanks leads out and breaks … its definitely the hole lol. My daughter yanks leads out and breaks everything.

the warranty will only cover manufacturing defects not unruly children but its worth a try

Edited by: "ding" 12th Feb

wayners

I would try the amazon firestick extension cable as that will give you a … I would try the amazon firestick extension cable as that will give you a new plug.Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/262315181978 Warranty is a good option if you think the hdmi plug is not at fault

​Could do this and Aroldite it in.

wayners

I would try the amazon firestick extension cable as that will give you a … I would try the amazon firestick extension cable as that will give you a new plug.Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/262315181978 Warranty is a good option if you think the hdmi plug is not at fault

Or just buy this which is exactly the same but less than half the price

ebay.co.uk/itm…333?hash=item5d52e99d0d:g:sQIAAOSwbYZXZlA5

mymymy

its definitely the hole lol. My daughter yanks leads out and breaks … its definitely the hole lol. My daughter yanks leads out and breaks everything.

Probably should have mentioned this when first asking if it would be covered under warranty!

if you have extended warranty from JL which include accidental damage it's worth a try.

Original Poster

Ashe

Probably should have mentioned this when first asking if it would be … Probably should have mentioned this when first asking if it would be covered under warranty!

​I wouldn't tell them that so its irrelevant I just want to know if my big hole would be covered generally

mymymy

​I wouldn't tell them that so its irrelevant I just want to know if my b … ​I wouldn't tell them that so its irrelevant I just want to know if my big hole would be covered generally

Generally, no, it wont be covered.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition51460
    2. Magazine competitions - Issue 42 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk1515
    3. Win a Fisher-Price Think & Learn Teach 'n tag Movi @ Netmums11
    4. Win an all-inclusive holiday to Antigua, including flights!11

See more discussions