Hdmi im stumped can u help..........

Found 8th Jan 2010
Just brought the blu-ray from hmv....connected it to the tele with hdmi cable great!!
Old dvd player was scart cable so when i switched the dvd player on the tv automatically changed to the dvd channel....switch the blu-ray nuthing have to get the controller and have to do it manually to hdmi 1 input is this normal? or am i being thick........
Help...............
Thanks

1. Misc
  2. HDMI
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. HDMI
10 Comments

Sloth/Mod

Normal.

It's normal. Nice avatar BTW OP

normal, AV does it automatically,

not normal for me then-my bluray via the hdmi -soon as I switch it on with the remote it takes over everything.

Normal... strangely, in my experience, older lesser brand TV sets auto-switch via handshake but the more recent and higher spec'd units don't.
I've had a Sanyo 720p and a Hannspree 720p that did, but Toshiba 1080p's and Panasonic 1080p that don't.

Sloth/Mod

barky;7475349

not normal for me then-my bluray via the hdmi -soon as I switch it on … not normal for me then-my bluray via the hdmi -soon as I switch it on with the remote it takes over everything.

Is that your only input though as i also have Sky HD, Blu-Ray, 360 & PS3 running through HDMI which could be why it doesn't for me.

Original Poster

ummmmmmmm not impressed with that now i have to use 2 remotes to get dvd on the tele.....
):

Syzable;7475383

Is that your only input though as i also have Sky HD, Blu-Ray, 360 & PS3 … Is that your only input though as i also have Sky HD, Blu-Ray, 360 & PS3 running through HDMI which could be why it doesn't for me.

its the only hdmi input yes-bt vision box thru scart,xbox 360 thru composite-its only the xbox I have to select the av via remote-everything else comes on when powered on automatically.

Sloth/Mod

barky;7475402

its the only hdmi input yes-bt vision box thru scart,xbox 360 thru … its the only hdmi input yes-bt vision box thru scart,xbox 360 thru composite-its only the xbox I have to select the av via remote-everything else comes on when powered on automatically.

Probably why then. I'm glad mine doesn't to be honest as the kids are always turning consoles on by messing with remotes :x All that flicking of channels would be enough to give anyone a seizure. lol

My heart goes out to the poor folks who had to physically stand up, walk to the tv, and press a button just to see what was on the other 2/3 channels - how times change eh.... lol
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. What is gearbest like on warranty?79
    2. changing a dimmer swith to normal light switch34
    3. Swimming goggles for 3 year old21
    4. Parkopedia, can the info be trusted22

See more discussions