Found 4th Dec 2014
So just got my new b+ raspberry pi, and now i need to connect it to a tv/monitor. The problem is, my router is in another room to my bedroom, which has a tv in it.
I also have a spare vga monitor. So have seen HDMI Male To VGA connector on fleabay. Does anyone know the cheapest i can get, than wait several weeks from china for it? As i am itching to play with it. Any links etc, would be appreciated Lee.

1. Ask
  2. HDMI
Groups
  1. Ask
  2. HDMI
11 Comments

what about a wireless card? cheaper than a uk based cable will be but also of benefit

or a pair of cheap homeplugs

Powerline adapters are the way to go here

Original Poster

It's only to connect a monitor , so I can see what is happening . I know a cable from abroad is a couple of £ from abroad on ebay

The Hdmi to vga lead is not going to work, The hdmi is digital and the vga is analog, You will need a powered converter, or if the monitor has a dvi connector you can get a hdmi to dvi.

Original Poster

[quj , Awif]Looking at least £15-20 for anything half decent (close to £10 for a poor one), you need a digital to analogue converter, easier to just spend £3 on a wifi adapter.
[/quote]
that won't be cheap

Original Poster

dcx_badass

Looking at least £15-20 for anything half decent (close to £10 for a poor … Looking at least £15-20 for anything half decent (close to £10 for a poor one), you need a digital to analogue converter, easier to just spend £3 on a wifi adapter.

What's the wifi converter then? Link

If I am reading this correctly you are having two issues with the Ras Pi:

1) Router access.
A cheap, but somewhat messy, solution would be getting an old router which could bridge across to your existing router LIKE THIS perhaps. I have done this for an XBox with a £1 router I got from a carboot.

2) Display output to VGA monitor
It sounds as though THIS product is the kind of thing you are looking for. I have not used this product before so I am not sure how good the results would be.

Original Poster

Chocka

If I am reading this correctly you are having two issues with the Ras … If I am reading this correctly you are having two issues with the Ras Pi:1) Router access.A cheap, but somewhat messy, solution would be getting an old router which could bridge across to your existing router LIKE THIS perhaps. I have done this for an XBox with a £1 router I got from a carboot.2) Display output to VGA monitorIt sounds as though THIS product is the kind of thing you are looking for. I have not used this product before so I am not sure how good the results would be.

You posted the same link to same item, twice. Mistake?

leeparsons

You posted the same link to same item, twice. Mistake?

Oops - The link under "Router access" was wrong. Correct one here

Original Poster

Chocka

Oops - The link under "Router access" was wrong. Correct one here

I have wlreless access to my pi , which Is connected to TV via HDMI . I really want to connect it to MY spare TFT
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. #KoemanIn, Thank You Koeman for trying to get Everton relegated!811
    2. HUKD Satellite Information & IPTV Thread48911002
    3. First batch of original Xbox backwards compatible games79
    4. Add one, leave one game54415465

See more discussions