Groups
    EXPIRED

HDMI Problem

I have a HD DVD Upscaler & just bought a Nintendo Wii.
    My problem is that my TV only has 1 HDMI input.
    Is there any way i can get around this without swapping the cables around every time i want to use either?

Thanks

9 Comments

Adaptors are available which will give up to 4 inputs to 1 socket - but not cheap. Forget where I saw it but you should be able to find it with Google.

HDMI switching unit is what you need.

Probably cheaper elsewhere but:-

E-Bay item no 270221554703 is the kind of thing your looking for

The Wii doesn't actually have an HDMI output so you should be in luck.. :P

The best connection type (and the best the Wii supports) would be to use the Component output at 480p; the component cable doesn't come with the Wii so you'll need to pick that up separately.

Actually he's right - you wont need a HDMI inpur for the Wii - like he says component is the best picture you can get on the Wii.

just about to respond with the same answer, I have the Wii via component and the Sky HD and PS3 on HDMI to the TV. If I needed more HDMI connectors I would get a switcher box - nice and easy!

Original Poster

Richardmoo;1775192

The Wii doesn't actually have an HDMI output so you should be in luck.. … The Wii doesn't actually have an HDMI output so you should be in luck.. :PThe best connection type (and the best the Wii supports) would be to use the Component output at 480p; the component cable doesn't come with the Wii so you'll need to pick that up separately.

What is the 'Component Output 480p' ?
    Where would i buy one?
    As you've probably guessed, i am waiting on the Wii to be delivered.
    I'm hopeless with these things :oops:

with the Wii, you only get a composite cable (red/white/yellow) with a scart adapter, but for the best picture quality you will need a component cable (blue/green/red/red/white) which lets you run the WIi at 480p resolution. Its all in the settings, but basically i would advise anyone with a Wii and HDTV to get a compenent cable as it looks a bit shoddy without.

you can pick one up reasonably on fleabay, or dealextreme.com

Could just get a gold scart lead and not worry about hdmi

Familia;1776229

Could just get a gold scart lead and not worry about hdmi

there is no worry about scart with a Wii, as its not a HD console!

also scart sucks! :-D
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. House buyer survey?33
      2. Tumble Dryer request33
      3. is it still possible/easy to add the playstore to a new kindle fire 844
      4. Car MOT55

See more discussions