HDMI splitter advice?

Found 20th Jan
Hi,

Does anyone have experience of an hdmi splitter, I’m wanting to connect one Xbox one and distribute it to 4 TVs around the house, I have tried an aukey one and another from amazon they were both under £20 and didn’t work as well as I hoped (black screens for a second now and then and sometimes just losing connection) connected are 3 TVs and a monitor via 2 10m hdmi cables and 2 5m cables, probably a much higher end version like the pubs use for sky sports would be the best but of course ££££’s

Thanks all
Community Updates
Ask
10 Comments
What exactly are you looking for as there are some different types. One can use one input and display it on multiple outputs without switching (useful if you want to show say the xbox on all the screens in your house at the same time), the other is one input which can be switched between the different outputs (means using normally a remote you can change which screen it sends the output to).
Something like?
Portta HDMI Splitter 4 Port 1x4 1 Input 4 Output V1.3 Support Full HD 1080P Metal Case for HDTV PS3 PS4 Xbox Blu-ray DVD STB PC amazon.co.uk/dp/…O1S

Or Something like?
aLLreLi 4K Ultra HD 5 Port HDMI Splitter Auto Switch (Support 3D, 4K@30Hz) - Premium Intelligent Gold Plated 5in1 (5 IN & 1 x OUT) HDMI Switcher for PS3 / PS4, Xbox 360 / One, Sky HD, Freesat HD, Virg amazon.co.uk/dp/…XVP

If you have a richer sounds near you they may be able to recommend something?
cmdr_elito3 h, 4 m ago

Something like?Portta HDMI Splitter 4 Port 1x4 1 Input 4 Output V1.3 …Something like?Portta HDMI Splitter 4 Port 1x4 1 Input 4 Output V1.3 Support Full HD 1080P Metal Case for HDTV PS3 PS4 Xbox Blu-ray DVD STB PC https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B008HZWO1SOr Something like?aLLreLi 4K Ultra HD 5 Port HDMI Splitter Auto Switch (Support 3D, 4K@30Hz) - Premium Intelligent Gold Plated 5in1 (5 IN & 1 x OUT) HDMI Switcher for PS3 / PS4, Xbox 360 / One, Sky HD, Freesat HD, Virg https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B077SQBXVPIf you have a richer sounds near you they may be able to recommend something?

I think you're confusing yourself. The first item you link to is a splitter (what the op needs). The second is a switch, for connecting up to 4 sources to a single screen.
craigstephens1 h, 5 m ago

I think you're confusing yourself. The first item you link to is a …I think you're confusing yourself. The first item you link to is a splitter (what the op needs). The second is a switch, for connecting up to 4 sources to a single screen.

That’s what I was asking what he wanted one or the other
Original Poster
Definitely an hdmi splitter and not an hdmi switch, I think most in this price range will be generic, I guess I’m after experience of the more pricier units
Original Poster
cmdr_elito4 h, 20 m ago

Something like?Portta HDMI Splitter 4 Port 1x4 1 Input 4 Output V1.3 …Something like?Portta HDMI Splitter 4 Port 1x4 1 Input 4 Output V1.3 Support Full HD 1080P Metal Case for HDTV PS3 PS4 Xbox Blu-ray DVD STB PC https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B008HZWO1SOr Something like?aLLreLi 4K Ultra HD 5 Port HDMI Splitter Auto Switch (Support 3D, 4K@30Hz) - Premium Intelligent Gold Plated 5in1 (5 IN & 1 x OUT) HDMI Switcher for PS3 / PS4, Xbox 360 / One, Sky HD, Freesat HD, Virg https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B077SQBXVPIf you have a richer sounds near you they may be able to recommend something?

Good advice on richer sounds, I don’t have one near me unfortunately but have bought from them before
cmdr_elito27 m ago

The op says he's after a splitter! And your description of what a switch does is wrong, too.
cmdr_elito9 h, 5 m ago

He says quite clearly he wants to display Xbox on 4 screens so he needs a splitter not a switch which is what your second link is for
howarth37 h, 24 m ago

He says quite clearly he wants to display Xbox on 4 screens so he needs a …He says quite clearly he wants to display Xbox on 4 screens so he needs a splitter not a switch which is what your second link is for

OP also said that he had bought something already and it didn’t quite do what he wanted, so this means that the op sounds unsure to me or they wouldn’t be asking for advice. Asking for clarification doesn’t hurt at all and would have expected the OP to paste the link to what they purchased for clarity.
Edited by: "cmdr_elito" 21st Jan
Original Poster
cmdr_elito2 h, 27 m ago

OP also said that he had bought something already and it didn’t quite do w …OP also said that he had bought something already and it didn’t quite do what he wanted, so this means that the op sounds unsure to me or they wouldn’t be asking for advice. Asking for clarification doesn’t hurt at all and would have expected the OP to paste the link to what they purchased for clarity.

Thanks for the comments, I know I need a splitter and not a switch, I have brought two splitters one I am sending back to amazon is a Neoteck 1 in 4 out and the other as stated is an aukey one in 4 out the vendor is not important because they are pretty generic units.

I know the difference between a splitter and a switch, what I’m asking is does anyone have experience of mid-high range splitter similar to the one pubs would use to distribute sky sports to multiple screens simultaneously.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions