Groups

HDMI Switch Help

Hi all,

I've seen a few deals for HDMI switches (for example here: hotukdeals.com/ite…ot/ ). These all seem to allow a single HDMI port on a TV to accept separate sources.

I am after the opposite - I want a switch that will take output from a PS3 etc and send it to two different TV's. Do these exist?

Cheers.

6 Comments

Think your after something like this -

]http//ww…gEw

EDIT: Or one of the above which is much cheaper!

Original Poster

Thanks both - good links - rep added.

Looks like I am looking for a "HDMI splitter". Do you know if the first one (the cable, not the switch) would lose any quality? I'm planning on connecting a PS3 to a TV in the conservatory which is a good few metres away...

Thanks again.

finster;3065694

Thanks both - good links - rep added.Looks like I am looking for a "HDMI … Thanks both - good links - rep added.Looks like I am looking for a "HDMI splitter". Do you know if the first one (the cable, not the switch) would lose any quality? I'm planning on connecting a PS3 to a TV in the conservatory which is a good few metres away...Thanks again.

It shouldn't as its all digital.

Original Poster

Thanks, I was a bit worried that using the cable splitter, I'd lose some signal (presumably 5 metre and 1 metre cables plus a 1m cable leading to the splitter would be the equivalent of an 8 metre cable at least).

From doing a bit of research, it seems as though long cable lengths can cause instability but I'm not sure if the above qualifies for this.

Might buy the cable splitter, if I have problems I can always ebay it and buy the more expensive splitter.

Cheers.

Original Poster

If anybody else is after something similar, I've found a decent looking HDMI splitter in Maplin ]here. 2-way for £50.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Cat Chat76734
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767394
      3. U.S. bombers fly off North Korea's coast in show of force1725
      4. What's up with people creating accounts just to ask for UNiDAYS codes?55

See more discussions