Groups
    EXPIRED

HDMI Upscaler

Hi first request....be gentle its a little specific.
    Im aware there are many dvd/freeview boxes with upscaling capabilities out there. However I'm after one that could upscale an AV input aswell (the scart input which some have on back of box).
    Problem is i want to play my ps2 on a monitor with only a vga and hdmi input. But wanted to avoid the expensive dedicated av upscaler, and cant afford ps3 yet.

Let me no if you no a cheap work around or if its even possible. thankyou

3 Comments

I don't know a tremendous lot about this sort of thing, but my understanding is that this "upscaling" business is a load of hype which can be ignored when buying a DVD box.

Apparently, it is your TV which decides on upscaling, not the DVD player, so forgot about so-called upscaling capability when buying your DVD player.

You will find lots about this if you search in the dvd recorder section of the best audio-visual forum, [url]www.avforums.com[/url]

I recommend you post your question there for the most knowledgeable answers. ;-)

renard;1605420

I don't know a tremendous lot about this sort of thing, but my … I don't know a tremendous lot about this sort of thing, but my understanding is that this "upscaling" business is a load of hype which can be ignored when buying a DVD box.Apparently, it is your TV which decides on upscaling, not the DVD player, so forgot about so-called upscaling capability when buying your DVD player.You will find lots about this if you search in the dvd recorder section of the best audio-visual forum, [url]www.avforums.com[/url]I recommend you post your question there for the most knowledgeable answers. ;-)

Huh what you on about - maybe the case with pants dvd upscaler

But if your buying one you want an dvd upscaler with a hdmi cable and capable of 1080p

Obv you need a tv do this

But if you want to upscale the dvd player you will need the Xploror hdtv player
    cant pick it up for £12.99 from amazon
    amazon.co.uk/exe…-21

But postage too

Original Poster

Xploror hdtv might have worked ok, but i want to use my ps2 on a 26" monitor which has only vga and hdmi input...no component or scart (as you'd expect with a moniter) :-(

Point i was making is that some of these hdmi freeview/dvd boxes have scart input and output on them and maybe some could upscale not only the tv/dvd signal but that of the scart input aswell.
    ill give il have a search on av forums anyway.

Thanks guys.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Ripped off by GearBest, VERY ANGRY!1517
      2. Iptv1228
      3. Music download79
      4. FedEx sent me a Duty & Tax Invoice - Advice needed67

See more discussions