HDMI vs component

Found 3rd Jul 2008
Yes I know this is discussed a lot. but wanted others opinions.

I have my Xbox 360 connected by component and my ps3 to the tv via hdmi nd my PC to the tv via HDMI

IMO component seems more colourful but slightly less sharp and the picture generally far darker so its harder to see.

But what do other people think?

1. Misc
  2. HDMI
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. HDMI
7 Comments

Banned

you can't really compare different devices. You need to connect the ps3 or xbox via hdmi and then compare it connected on component.

hdmi carries digital video compared to components analog so less loss also it carries digital audio.

Banned

I use component cable as I cannot see the slightest bit of difference and its still full 1080p

Mine cable is running clockwise around the room, works better that anticlockwise if that helps

also depends on what you ouput it to - ie. some displyas handle component alot better than others so the difference would be reduced. my lcd is woeful at component so the difference between hdmi and component from my xbox360 is unbelievable

Banned

guru_the;2443710

Mine cable is running clockwise around the room, works better that … Mine cable is running clockwise around the room, works better that anticlockwise if that helps

LOL - Maybe you should try online betting in the USA ;-)

guru_the;2443710

Mine cable is running clockwise around the room, works better that … Mine cable is running clockwise around the room, works better that anticlockwise if that helps

I know this thread is old now but i just read this and thats hilarious!!
Post a comment
@
    Text