HDR Questions

Found 28th Dec 2017Edited by:"superfreddy"
Hi, I just have a new Philips 43PUS6262.

I'v connected the HDMI Arc port to my Sony Soundstage, and then my PS4 and Xbox to the HDMI ports on the back of the Soundstage. This was fine, however I can't enable HDR as it says my TV can't support it. When I plug the PS4 into the HDMI port on the TV, I can enable HDR fine.

The soundstage was supposed to be 4K compatible according to the manual, however I'm guessing it's not HDR compatible?

I also need more HDMI sockets. Should I buy a HDR HDMI switch? Or a standard HDMI switch?

Finally, how can I tell if I'm actually watching/playing something in 4K/HDR?

Thanks
Community Updates
Ask
7 Comments
Sounds like you've answered your own question. But I don't know...
or you buy a HDR passthrough capable sound system.....
Are you actually using the capabilities of ARC ie using the built in apps, watching TV through a built in tuner? If you aren't then just plug everything into the TV and use an audio out cable to the soundstage, if you are then I would just do the same.
So all video and audio into the TV and then just audio back out to the soundstage.
MIDURIX58 m ago

Are you actually using the capabilities of ARC ie using the built in apps, …Are you actually using the capabilities of ARC ie using the built in apps, watching TV through a built in tuner? If you aren't then just plug everything into the TV and use an audio out cable to the soundstage, if you are then I would just do the same. So all video and audio into the TV and then just audio back out to the soundstage.

So you mean forget about Arc and just connect the soundstage via optical to the TV?
superfreddy31 m ago

So you mean forget about Arc and just connect the soundstage via optical …So you mean forget about Arc and just connect the soundstage via optical to the TV?

Yep.
MIDURIX1 m ago

Yep.

Isn't optical poorer than HDMI audio?
superfreddy21 m ago

Isn't optical poorer than HDMI audio?

It can't do some very high resolution audio formats properly, something I don't think you need to worry about with a soundbase.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants