2. HD TV
Groups
  1. Ask
  2. HD TV
10 Comments

What make, model and problem?

Original Poster Banned

its samsug and not sur eof model as cant see due to bracket and broken screen

If you fancy having a go your self have a look at [url]www.dlec.co.uk[/url]. Ive bought a few LCDS with cracked screen and got replacents from there and fitted myself. All they need is the numbers from the white label on back of LCD panel. You have to take the back casing off to get this. A grade B is about £135 del for 42". Hope this helps.:thumbsup:

jmc1991;5888648

its samsug and not sur eof model as cant see due to bracket and broken … its samsug and not sur eof model as cant see due to bracket and broken screen

Is it a cracked screen or blank because the tv won't turn on?

Original Poster Banned

the screen is broken in the left hand corner and kinda a bit weary of fixing it myself its a 37"

jmc1991;5889472

the screen is broken in the left hand corner and kinda a bit weary of … the screen is broken in the left hand corner and kinda a bit weary of fixing it myself its a 37"

I personally would go with Higgzy and contact [url]www.dlec.co.uk[/url] and have a go. The panels in a Samsung are relatively easy to remove and there's no soldering involved, as the panel has connectors that just clip in and out of the main board.

I see so many people at my local tip throwing TV's similar to yours. There's a guy who stands there putting them in his car to repair them and flog on eBay.

ok

dont want to hijack this

i have a sony 42" plasma

excellent condition etc

but one day i was watching match of the day and suddenly the lcd went purple

basically the pitch was green but had purple lines going through it

anyone know how / wher to get it fixed?

Original Poster Banned

iv contacted them and gave me a reasonable quote for repairing in their hands cheers Higzzy and dw to other guy its cool

Banned

stefor;5889759

I personally would go with Higgzy and contact [url]www.dlec.co.uk[/url] … I personally would go with Higgzy and contact [url]www.dlec.co.uk[/url] and have a go. The panels in a Samsung are relatively easy to remove and there's no soldering involved, as the panel has connectors that just clip in and out of the main board.I see so many people at my local tip throwing TV's similar to yours. There's a guy who stands there putting them in his car to repair them and flog on eBay.

it's actually illegal to take things from the tip once they've been left there now so i've been told. but it's not as if you can't expect people to do that kind of thing

gooddeals9;5889934

it's actually illegal to take things from the tip once they've been left … it's actually illegal to take things from the tip once they've been left there now so i've been told. but it's not as if you can't expect people to do that kind of thing

It seems to work for him. Spoke to him a couple of weeks ago and he gets about 2-3 repairable ones a week. He's even had them where the internal fuse on the power board had blown, costing about 20p to replace. The ones that arn't repairable he keeps for spares for future ones.

Good Luck to him I say.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Switch from BT to BT same property different person59
    2. Invisalign dental braces in London34
    3. Is this expensive?1018
    4. Tomtop Xiaomi Mi A1 deal removed439

See more discussions