Groups
    EXPIRED

HDUK voting broken?

Just ran a test and down voted a full page yet the scores didnt change. Tried upvoting on the next page and they all changed instantly...

HDUK broken to try rake in cash from the hyperlink?

12 Comments

Down and up voting is working fine for me. Perhaps your voting privileges have been restricted rather than HUKD being broken?

Original Poster

ceres

Down and up voting is working fine for me. Perhaps your voting … Down and up voting is working fine for me. Perhaps your voting privileges have been restricted rather than HUKD being broken?

nope it does work as it went down for 1 of out the full page, but most didnt budge and if that was the case my upvotes wouldnt count...

seanmorris100

nope it does work as it went down for 1 of out the full page, but most … nope it does work as it went down for 1 of out the full page, but most didnt budge and if that was the case my upvotes wouldnt count...

I may be wrong but I believe that Admin can restrict up and down voting privileges separately. But if one of your down votes worked, then voting isn't broken. It's more likely that the page needed refreshing as others had voted and balanced out your votes.

Original Poster

ceres

I may be wrong but I believe that Admin can restrict up and down voting … I may be wrong but I believe that Admin can restrict up and down voting privileges separately. But if one of your down votes worked, then voting isn't broken. It's more likely that the page needed refreshing as others had voted and balanced out your votes.

weird how it happens for every vote though, sure its rigged, i only did a test coz somone else pointed it out in another thread and it seems he was right

All work fine for me - up and down

seanmorris100

weird how it happens for every vote though, sure its rigged, i only did a … weird how it happens for every vote though, sure its rigged, i only did a test coz somone else pointed it out in another thread and it seems he was right

​Its a conspiracy. I'll try to find you a deal on tin foil hats. Don't bother voting on it though.....

as far as I know one cold vote doesn't hold as much weight as a hot vote so you might not see a change

ceres

I may be wrong but I believe that Admin can restrict up and down voting … I may be wrong but I believe that Admin can restrict up and down voting privileges separately. But if one of your down votes worked, then voting isn't broken. It's more likely that the page needed refreshing as others had voted and balanced out your votes.

Which rather defeats the idea behind the site if they can restrict good or bad votes. If I vote too many times that things are rubbish (because they are) and only see a handful of good deals, if my voting is stopped to only allow positives, that's not a fair reflection.

windym

Which rather defeats the idea behind the site if they can restrict good … Which rather defeats the idea behind the site if they can restrict good or bad votes.

I would disagree. There's a difference between genuine hot and cold voting and abuse of the voting system.

ceres

I would disagree. There's a difference between genuine hot and cold … I would disagree. There's a difference between genuine hot and cold voting and abuse of the voting system.

How can you have genuine hot and cold if you take one away from the voter?

windym

How can you have genuine hot and cold if you take one away from the … How can you have genuine hot and cold if you take one away from the voter?

I'm not the right person to ask but my expectation would be that one would only be removed AFTER evidence of voting abuse.

Supermod

Hi - please drop the team a message and they can review this for you. There is no need to vote en masse just to test this.

hotukdeals.com/con…act
    Edited by: "magicjay1986" 13th Jun 2016

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767501
    2. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7311388
    3. Tower Hill - Explosion reported.. (Phone charger??)44
    4. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17886407

See more discussions