Head and shoulders shampoo

Found 10th Apr
I was just watching tv when the Head and Shoulders advert came on
at the end of the advert the voiceover woman said "UPTO 100% FLAKE FREE" !
so even if it leaves your hair full of dandruff its still UPTO 100% FLAKE FREE !
I think this is an oxymoron as 100% means just that, full, no more or less and flake free means no flakes, but sticking the upto word in between makes the full advert a big fat lie.
Community Updates
Top comments
33614976-b25jI.jpg
19 Comments
Small print on the bottle says ''visible flakes from a distance of two feet''.
bo0td1 m ago

Small print on the bottle says ''visible flakes from a distance of two …Small print on the bottle says ''visible flakes from a distance of two feet''.

Tested on a sample of 3 people?
deeky13 m ago

Tested on a sample of 3 people?

Yeah, three bald men.
bo0td38 m ago

Small print on the bottle says ''visible flakes from a distance of two …Small print on the bottle says ''visible flakes from a distance of two feet''.

33614627-kepnM.jpg
Up to 100%, so that could be 1% flake free then. What nonsense wording for an advert.
To correct this terrible wrong...

100% Flake-full & with unbelievably beautiful hair

jaketheplumber7 m ago

Up to 100%, so that could be 1% flake free then. What nonsense wording for …Up to 100%, so that could be 1% flake free then. What nonsense wording for an advert.

As bad as comparing a new product with their old one!! That old product was supposed to be the best and unbeatable yet they improved on it supposedly according to the new adverts!
jaketheplumber9 m ago

Up to 100%, so that could be 1% flake free then. What nonsense wording for …Up to 100%, so that could be 1% flake free then. What nonsense wording for an advert.

or 0%,

Don't worry though, they have clarified this by quite clearing saying 100% "visible flakes with regular use".

Well that's as clear as mud
33614976-b25jI.jpg
deleted1431257
fanpages12 h, 50 m ago

To correct this terrible wrong...100% Flake-full & with unbelievably …To correct this terrible wrong...100% Flake-full & with unbelievably beautiful hair[Video] [Video] [Video] [Video] [Video]

And strong innuendo
The irony for me is Head And Shoulders dried my skin up even more on my scalp, so made it worse.
Apparently it's Stevie Wonder who does the inspection from two feet away anyway making a mockery of the whole thing!
I have emailed them this morning, i await their response !
I will update the post when / if I receive a reply
Reply from P&G

I appreciate you taking the time to let us know how you feel about our advertising.
We use a variety of consumer panels and market research to try to understand consumer’s views. Our adverts must also meet the checks carried out by Clearcast; an independent body that checks all claims are supportable and adverts are legal, decent, honest and truthful.

When we say up to 100% visibly flake free, that is based on testing we have done which shows a significant number of people experienced those results. Therefore, it is a claim we can make with confidence.

Feedback like yours helps supplement our research, giving us a broader insight into people's opinions. I’m sorry we didn’t get it quite right for you on this occasion and I hope our future adverts are more to your liking.
So up to 100% actually means a 'significant' number.
deleted5795910th Apr

Eww Vosene![Image]

My childhood shampoo. Had hair down to my waist, no conditioner and hated brushing it.

H&S also strips dye from hair more than other shampoos.
Most things now are upto, maybe or possibly. its all a con.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants