Groups

head phone socket snapped off in Ipad 2

It as snapped of from near top of plug!! cant get anything either side of stuck plug to try and wiggle it out either!! Anyone got any idea what I can do apart from take it to a shop and pay lots of money??

Thanks.

16 Comments

I'm assuming u mean the tip of the headphone connector has snapped off & remained in the socket. have a look on YouTube , I know people have used a screw , or glued a pin to extract it .

Original Poster

no, not just the tip...about 10mm of it is snapped inside!!

Open it up yourself?

I'd go with bit of superglue on the end of plug.

enigmatik33

I'd go with bit of superglue on the end of plug.

That could be a sticky situation if you'll pardone the pun

gpawan

That could be a sticky situation if you'll pardone the pun

​It's being patient and careful. Welding rod or something similar, keep it square and let it cure properly.

if you have apple store near by they may take a look and offer help wouldn't see them charge for this but if you are not confident or wanting to try the above this would be next best thing.

Have you tried turning it off and back on again?

I think it will be extremely tricky to remove as it is stuck, if you was to replace the headphone jack you would have to open it which is a lengthy job on it's own. IF you do not want to repair it or have it removed because of the cost i suggest using a lightning connector to connect your headphones and use the lightning port as an alternative option OR just use some bluetooth headphones.

Original Poster

I am going to change screen soon due to it been cracked... may have to look in to changing socket as well...could some point me in the right direction to the correct socket please

I'm not an ipad owner so not sure about compatibility... But following however you resolve this - it might be worth investing in a set of wireless headphones.

hadyanth

I'm not an ipad owner so not sure about compatibility... But following … I'm not an ipad owner so not sure about compatibility... But following however you resolve this - it might be worth investing in a set of wireless headphones.

As for this issue, superglue on the end of a toothpick (carefully) or long thin needle-nose tweezers.

poolielad

I am going to change screen soon due to it been cracked... may have to … I am going to change screen soon due to it been cracked... may have to look in to changing socket as well...could some point me in the right direction to the correct socket please

I found video on YouTube when I had to change the charging port on my iPhone. You'd probably be able to find one for what you need to get done too

Smooth it off and sell it as a new iPad?

You mean you have the headphones pin stuck in thr socket ?

As a mechanics would advise you drill it, but if you afraid the use a stick, superglue it to the broken end, wait some time then pull it out
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Parcel Hero weight adjustment610
      2. Looking for a deal on nowtv movies34
      3. Phone "Upgrade"912
      4. Wireless Earphones for Running67

See more discussions