Headphone adapter advice

Posted 9th Mar
I bought some new headphones for my MP3 player for running. I prefer wired but when they’ve come the sound out of them is awful. I’ve since discovered that this is because they have a mic button on them and as my MP3 player doesn’t need this they’re not compatible but you can buy an adapter.

When you look at the jack on the headphones it’s split into 4 sections but the MP3 player requires one that’s split into 3 if that makes sense.

Can anyone tell me which type of adapter I require ? I thought it was a TRS Male to TRRS female but these don’t work so I just want to make sure I buy the right one next time.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

4 Comments
The extra ring for the mic on the 3.5mm jack shouldn't make any difference whatsoever to the sound quality. What headphones and MP3 player do you have? Also posting a picture of the jack and the headphone socket could be useful but it just sounds like you might well have a faulty pair of headphones or have bought a pair with terrible audio quality.
Haircut_10009/03/2020 18:12

The extra ring for the mic on the 3.5mm jack shouldn't make any difference …The extra ring for the mic on the 3.5mm jack shouldn't make any difference whatsoever to the sound quality. What headphones and MP3 player do you have? Also posting a picture of the jack and the headphone socket could be useful but it just sounds like you might well have a faulty pair of headphones or have bought a pair with terrible audio quality.

They’re just cheap hobbies. The sound significantly improves if I press in the mic button on the headphones though.

It also is noticeable better if I don’t put the jack all of the way in but obviously this would be no good for running.

My previous headphones worked fine but did have one less ring :/
i had some old sony ones years ago that did the same, think i just tightly wrapped some black insulation tape around the mic button so it was constantly pressed in
Edited by: "ding" 9th Mar
ding09/03/2020 18:37

i had some old sony ones years ago that did the same, think i just tightly …i had some old sony ones years ago that did the same, think i just tightly wrapped some black insulation tape around the mic button so it was constantly pressed in

Yep, that’s my next option although I might have to add a matchstick or something due to the format of the button
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants