Headphone advice

Found 15th Feb
Looking for a 'decent' set of headphones, mainly for connecting to phone/mp3. Budget is around £50-£60 but might be able to stretch to a few more quid for a good deal. Not bothered if wired or bluetooth, would prefer over-ear or comfortable on-ear but no in-ear. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Community Updates
Ask
8 Comments
Do they need to look attractive ?
kester7643 m ago

Do they need to look attractive ?

No
I like Sennheiser brand. They start around £40 but you can pay more
SteelSeries Arctis 3 should be within budget. Or the JVC XX Xtreme Xplosives (though watch the descriptions of them as they have on-ear and over-ear versions and both look very similar (always best to google the model number if they don't say which they are). Only thing with the JVC ones are be careful not to leave near a heat source as the glue on the red band can melt leading to it parting from the plastic headband, happened to myself leaving them close to a radiator in the bedroom by mistake.
Edited by: "cecilmcroberts" 15th Feb
StoneColdJaneAusten15 h, 15 m ago

No

They're open but the Superlux HD-681 are pretty good for the price at around £23 on amazon.
kester764 m ago

They're open but the Superlux HD-681 are pretty good for the price at …They're open but the Superlux HD-681 are pretty good for the price at around £23 on amazon.

They actually look pretty good, as do some of the other models. So they are a decent sound quality for the price?
StoneColdJaneAusten14 m ago

They actually look pretty good, as do some of the other models. So they …They actually look pretty good, as do some of the other models. So they are a decent sound quality for the price?

Pretty exceptional for the price but I tend to like the higher treble as probably due to hearing loss on the high end. Only down side is they're open and really really ugly. I've not seen anything to beat them price wise and at £20 I could afford a pair of AKG450s for portable use so never used them outside. A bit of a guilty pleasure but most people agree a lot of bang for buck.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants