Expired

Headphone help

Found 14th Apr
**Mod can you please change to “ask”? It won’t let me because of error**

Hi all,

My Hesh 2’s are beginning to cut out a lot and it’s getting annoying. I’ve also been wanting to get some new headphones with noise cancelling and better quality (but same kind of size- so portable to put in a backpack or something) and they (my current headphones) squish my ears so I’m looking to replace them anyway.

I tried out Beats Studio 3 and like most Apple products they seem to be overhyped and overpriced. It made the vocals for rock music muffled (I mostly listen to rock and metal music), and the noise cancelling was nothing to shout about.

I tried out some Sony MDR-1000X headphones but while the noise cancelling was good, the quality was almost the same as the Hesh’s and they just seemed too big and not worth the £120~ extra (I cannot remember how much they cost- they were put on HUKD and a family member bought them).

Budget doesn’t matter too much but it needs to have some noticeable (positive!) differences and definitely noise cancelling like the Sony ones. Also not too big/ heavy/ clunky, but if that doesn’t fit in with the other stuff then I suppose it doesn’t matter too much. Oh and also wireless because of Apples stupid feature of no headphone jack in the newer iPhones (plus wireless is better anyway).

If anyone can help me by suggesting some, it would be much appreciated feel free to say if I’m being too picky

Basically:
- Wireless Bluetooth
- Active Noise Cancelling
- No price requirement
- Good with rock/metal music (no vocal muffling)
- Battery at least 15 hours
- Not too big/ heavy
- Over-ear
Community Updates
Ask
7 Comments
33637268-9rCOx.jpg
As much as everyone hates on them. The bose qc35 is the best for your criteria
Predikuesi1 h, 20 m ago

[Image]

if I could be a headphone developer, I would. It’s rather frustrating that it’s easy enough to find perfect earphones but not headphones!
masterhussain5 h, 5 m ago

As much as everyone hates on them. The bose qc35 is the best for your …As much as everyone hates on them. The bose qc35 is the best for your criteria

I’ve seen people hate on them here but don’t understand why. Do you know why?
Mechtup9 h, 45 m ago

I’ve seen people hate on them here but don’t understand why. Do you know wh …I’ve seen people hate on them here but don’t understand why. Do you know why?

The thing is that Bose have developed a system in such a way that it is meant to be directly marketed towards the noise cancelling/ aviation consumers. Thus the reasons if the name; quiet comfort. But for some reason people take this as an opportunity to buy it as the top of the range best sounding headphones. They are excellent sounding but you will have to sacrifice slightly for noise cancelling at such a high level. There is not any sound bleed either and no distortion. So I guess people complain because they are not using it in the way advertised ie for loud environments. It’s like driving a monster truck in central London and then complaining about fuel efficiency
masterhussain15th Apr

The thing is that Bose have developed a system in such a way that it is …The thing is that Bose have developed a system in such a way that it is meant to be directly marketed towards the noise cancelling/ aviation consumers. Thus the reasons if the name; quiet comfort. But for some reason people take this as an opportunity to buy it as the top of the range best sounding headphones. They are excellent sounding but you will have to sacrifice slightly for noise cancelling at such a high level. There is not any sound bleed either and no distortion. So I guess people complain because they are not using it in the way advertised ie for loud environments. It’s like driving a monster truck in central London and then complaining about fuel efficiency

I ended up getting these They were a bit complicated at first- I had to charge them and then work out how to reset paired devices as it was paired to a “Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge” (I bought them used from CeX, but they’re like new as they even have the gel thing!).

Didn’t know you had to have an app for your phone either to pair them, so at the moment I’ve had them paired to my laptop to test them out before work.

THEY ARE SO COMFY. I wasn’t expecting them to be but they’re perfect. Noise cancelling I can’t fiddle round with yet until I get the app. I’ve just got it on whatever settings it came as.
Mechtup19th Apr

I ended up getting these They were a bit complicated at first- I had to …I ended up getting these They were a bit complicated at first- I had to charge them and then work out how to reset paired devices as it was paired to a “Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge” (I bought them used from CeX, but they’re like new as they even have the gel thing!).Didn’t know you had to have an app for your phone either to pair them, so at the moment I’ve had them paired to my laptop to test them out before work.THEY ARE SO COMFY. I wasn’t expecting them to be but they’re perfect. Noise cancelling I can’t fiddle round with yet until I get the app. I’ve just got it on whatever settings it came as.

They are one beast set of headphones. Glad you liked them:D
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants