Found 26th Dec 2016
I recently bought beats solo 2 headphones from Argos thinking they were wireless but when I opened the original packaging and opened the box I saw that they weren't wireless. So I put everything back in the box and I just want to know if I can return them and get the wireless ones instead?

9 Comments

if you have the receipt shouldn't be a problem :-)

Yes they should allow exchange since you've not used it and were mistaken. But some Argos are very fussy at times

Original Poster

Johnson231

Yes they should allow exchange since you've not used it and were … Yes they should allow exchange since you've not used it and were mistaken. But some Argos are very fussy at times

So if I take the headphones and the receipt there shouldn't be a problem? Won't they say anything about we can't return them due to hygienic reasons? Or should we just keep trying different Argos's?

If the earpiece packaging has been opened then they can refuse a refund. If you have no joy then just say the sound quality is awful and you have no faith in the product and they should then refund as being faulty.

It's best you can make it look like you didn't open it, I had a load of trouble trying to bring back a hairdryer because I had opened the box!

If the earphones were, let's say faulty....ie you said that every now and then you lose the sound in one ear, they have to give you a refund, no questions asked. Obviously as it's a fault that occurs now and then, they won't be able to test them there and then......if you know what I mean.

Legally you have no right to a refund, if they are faulty they can just replace them. Basically it depends on if the store want to do it or not.

I would say that they won't refund as they can no longer sell them as opened headphones and at the end of the day it's your responsibility to research what you're buying. They offer a full change of mind refund policy but not on opened items, as far as I know.

On the other hand they might be very generous and offer you a refund. They certainly aren't legally obliged to do so though.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. ZAVVI and Pre-Orders22
    2. Building a PC Need Help!33
    3. Do I need a gigabit switch or will 10/100mbps be sufficient22
    4. What's this on my neighbours roof?1820

See more discussions