Headphones

Posted 18th Jun
Hello, can anybody recommend some decent headphones for me to use whilst watching TV and gaming on a night.
Ideally they will be under 80 pound. I am no audiophile but a decent sound would be nice with a preference for over ear. I have been looking at the Panasonic ones in the ebay outlet. Currently 71 pound with a voucher and they are wireless and corded so that's a nice touch. Noise cancelling is not required.

Thanks
Community Updates
Ask
8 Comments
I would recommend looking at some open back headphones if you’re solely wearing them indoors! Similar to the Sennheiser HD 559, they’ll have a larger soundstage and might be more fun to use:)
Do you have a TV with bluetooth? Or are you looking at an output from the headphone port?
Tom_Dixon1234518/06/2020 10:27

I would recommend looking at some open back headphones if you’re solely w …I would recommend looking at some open back headphones if you’re solely wearing them indoors! Similar to the Sennheiser HD 559, they’ll have a larger soundstage and might be more fun to use:)

That's interesting, I had no idea about open back. I will check it out.
MLD918/06/2020 10:42

Do you have a TV with bluetooth? Or are you looking at an output from the …Do you have a TV with bluetooth? Or are you looking at an output from the headphone port?

No, the TV does not have Bluetooth but almost all of my viewing is via streaming services on the firestick so could use the Bluetooth from that. I guess blue tooth is an option for xbox and PlayStation as well? If not a cable option to plug into the controller would be nice.
blackandamber18/06/2020 10:47

No, the TV does not have Bluetooth but almost all of my viewing is via …No, the TV does not have Bluetooth but almost all of my viewing is via streaming services on the firestick so could use the Bluetooth from that. I guess blue tooth is an option for xbox and PlayStation as well? If not a cable option to plug into the controller would be nice.

Worth checking also, most new TV's dont have 3.5mm headphone sockets anymore. I had to use a DAC converter like below.

amazon.co.uk/dp/…APF
cecilmcroberts18/06/2020 11:02

Worth checking also, most new TV's dont have 3.5mm headphone sockets …Worth checking also, most new TV's dont have 3.5mm headphone sockets anymore. I had to use a DAC converter like below. https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B078MLKQ8T/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_QTZ6EbGT75APF

That's interesting, will have a look at that as well. Thanks.
blackandamber18/06/2020 11:04

That's interesting, will have a look at that as well. Thanks.

These are also handy and cheap. Aim to pay around £1.50 to £1.75 for a 5 meter one. I normally order a few at a time to always have some spare.(random first seller)

Aliexpress headphone extension
Edited by: "cecilmcroberts" 18th Jun
cecilmcroberts18/06/2020 11:08

These are also handy and cheap. Aim to pay around £1.50 to £1.75 for a 5 m …These are also handy and cheap. Aim to pay around £1.50 to £1.75 for a 5 meter one. I normally order a few at a time to always have some spare.(random first seller)Aliexpress headphone extension

Thank you, again, not something I would have thought about. Cheers
Post a comment
@
    Text