Groups
    EXPIRED

Headphones

I need a pair of cheap but good headphones to use with my laptop. I currently use an old pair I got off an plane during a long haul flight! I prefer the type which cover the ears to cut down sound leakage.

In ear types are definitely out.

Thanks in advance.

9 Comments

So do you want clips or headset type outer ear design?

Original Poster

The type which encapsulate your ears, like ear defenders.

Reviewed by What Hi-Fi as the best headphones for under £150:

google.co.uk/pro…g=p

Personally, I'd recommend the Philips headphones from UnderFivePounds, I got them a while back and they've been great since.

underfivepounds.com/sto…nes

4.99 + 3.95 delivery, so £8.94 total

Original Poster

Mattitude

Personally, I'd recommend the Philips headphones from UnderFivePounds, I … Personally, I'd recommend the Philips headphones from UnderFivePounds, I got them a while back and they've been great since.http://www.underfivepounds.com/store/house-and-home/philips-headphones4.99 + 3.95 delivery, so £8.94 total

Thats a better price. Thanks!

I need some Infra Red / Cordless Headphones for the TV in the Bedroom - the Mrs' is whinging at the Noise levels when she's falling asleep!

Haven't got a clue how much to spend or what they cost or even what spec to get, so recommendations are appreciated!

Ta.

Mattitude

Personally, I'd recommend the Philips headphones from UnderFivePounds, I … Personally, I'd recommend the Philips headphones from UnderFivePounds, I got them a while back and they've been great since.http://www.underfivepounds.com/store/house-and-home/philips-headphones4.99 + 3.95 delivery, so £8.94 total

i bought these, or at least a set exactly like these just not philips, from tesco, cost me about £2 lol.

I got this one, and it does a fair job:
    play.com/Ele…e=0

I need some Infra Red / Cordless Headphones for the TV in the Bedroom - … I need some Infra Red / Cordless Headphones for the TV in the Bedroom - the Mrs' is whinging at the Noise levels when she's falling asleep!Haven't got a clue how much to spend or what they cost or even what spec to get, so recommendations are appreciated!

Amazon sell ear plugs for £4.82 - probably a cheaper solution. Err lets call it a work around

Oh and they do have "new & used" (errgh) starting at £1.83

Serriously though, if you are looking for wireless headphones. Stick to big brands they produce qaulity goods: Phillips, Sony, Seenheiser, etc.
    Do NOT get infra-red as thiese are subject to interference.
    DO get something comfortable to wear whilst in bed, it doesn't matter how cheap/good they are if they don't feel right.

RF and Bluetooth transmissions should be your aim, prices start at £25 and go as high as you want to pay. £35 should get you a decent set of cans.

Hope that helps,

Shimagoza.xxx
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Finally got a Xbox one s44
      2. Rain effect window. The one from FRIENDS! Please help!1011
      3. Best tablet for 100-150? Quid11
      4. Glazing Clay Pots for Drinking22

See more discussions