Headphones for TV/Movies

Posted 26th Nov
Hi everyone, I am hoping that over the Black Friday week I might be able to get some headphones for my girlfriend and myself. Preferably surround sound ones. Just something we can listen to a movie at night without disturbing people.
I've looked around but most of the information is quiet dated. The ones I've found are Panasonic RP-WF950 or similar models.

I was wondering if anyone knows of better or other ideas for maybe Bluetooth headphones.

For us the surround sound is needed. I am not a fan of the gaming type though with all the lights and microphones that seem to be used by people.

I am hoping for a good deal on here.

Thanks in advance
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

4 Comments
Assuming your TV have headphone out.
Get a cheap multi-point bluetooth transmitter, then get any bluetooth headphone/ earphone you want
Cisco06060627/11/2019 11:42

Assuming your TV have headphone out.Get a cheap multi-point bluetooth …Assuming your TV have headphone out.Get a cheap multi-point bluetooth transmitter, then get any bluetooth headphone/ earphone you want

But I don't know which are any good. I'm unsure of any good surround sound headphones for movies
Cisco06060627/11/2019 11:42

Assuming your TV have headphone out.

He wants surround sound headphones, so using a stereo out on a TV is no good.

You'd need either headphones with a S/PDIF input or an HDMI input, both of which are uncommon. Most surround sound processors work over USB or occasionally analogue connections.

Very few TVs support USB audio devices and only older ones have analogue 5.1 outputs. I'm not sure on the status of surround sound over bluetooth.

It's worth pointing out that 'surround sound headphones' are normal stereo headphones with processing to take a 5.1 output and adjust the timings so they arrive at your ears so the results are just as good combining normal headphones with DAC or similar box that supports the appropriate processing.
EndlessWaves27/11/2019 13:43

He wants surround sound headphones, so using a stereo out on a TV is no …He wants surround sound headphones, so using a stereo out on a TV is no good.You'd need either headphones with a S/PDIF input or an HDMI input, both of which are uncommon. Most surround sound processors work over USB or occasionally analogue connections. Very few TVs support USB audio devices and only older ones have analogue 5.1 outputs. I'm not sure on the status of surround sound over bluetooth.It's worth pointing out that 'surround sound headphones' are normal stereo headphones with processing to take a 5.1 output and adjust the timings so they arrive at your ears so the results are just as good combining normal headphones with DAC or similar box that supports the appropriate processing.

I use a Nvidia Shield TV for 99% of my TV needs so I'm hoping that can get around any issues with my TV.

I did have some A50s which were amazing but they had some battery issues which made them useless. When they did work they were pretty perfect apart from the look.

I know I'm kinda asking too much maybe, I'm surprised it isn't common for people to do this tbh.

Thanks for your help.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions