Heads Up! Destiny Sequel to Release this Autumn

According to Activision's latest financial results, it'll be releasing in Autumn. Could be an improvement on the first one? I know the reception was mixed initially, though a stunning limited edition PS4 did come out of it :P
You can read further here: gematsu.com/201…all
Has some other interesting info such as a potential PC release this time around.

13 Comments

Punters will be (or should be) wary of buying early editions of the follow-up title if the same fiasco (read: rip-off) with re-releases including additional game-play content is repeated.

The first destiny was very enjoyable tbf, still play it.

Will probably pick this up day one in spite of their horrible dlc policy

It would be hard to make it much worse than the first one to be honest. But if bending over for Bungie is your thing, then enjoy!

One of the worst strategies on how to release a game ever. They've looked at how to make very little content and only had how to milk our fan Base in mind.

Wouldn't touch anything from Bungie/ Activision

Ignoring the pathetic DLC model, it's easily one of the best multiplayer games. The initial criticism is fair and understandable but from the 2nd year it turned into a great game

Is Destiny The Most Improved Game Ever?

Of course the key thing is that it's only great when playing with people. The PvE is really fun, grindy yes but fun still. Can't beat a raid with a group of friends. The PvP is pretty hit and miss. It's only fun if you're a good player or you're okay with getting your ass handed to you (again when in a group).

There's a lot to improve on, mainly amount of content, but they've started doing that and there's good signs for D2.... Well apart from balancing. There's no hope of them being able to balance anything. The old DLC model seems to be gone for 2 however, it looks more like they'll have 1 paid expansion yearly with mini updates throughout the year to add content.

Edited by: "Bure11" 10th Feb

Banned

I quite enjoyed it, had a nice group of people to play with. But it did need a lot of time sunk into it. Just can't do it anymore, would rather play a variety of games.

Marcoos

I quite enjoyed it, had a nice group of people to play with. But it did … I quite enjoyed it, had a nice group of people to play with. But it did need a lot of time sunk into it. Just can't do it anymore, would rather play a variety of games.

Definitely needs a lot of time. I eventually felt the same where I was missing out on other games so I started to get the weekly activities done in 1/2 days and then play other stuff until reset. Worked well

If they want to release a decent multiplayer game they could just reskin splatoon and sell that

Error440

If they want to release a decent multiplayer game they could just reskin … If they want to release a decent multiplayer game they could just reskin splatoon and sell that

Hi Noahsdad
Edited by: "Bure11" 10th Feb

I loved Destiny vanilla - went for taken king and then realised I'd been done over by the last expansion which I boycotted.

I really thought the game mechanics felt spot on and it is one of the best feeling gunplay games of this generation in terms of mechanics.

I won't be buying the follow up if the same sales model is used.

Banned

Error440

If they want to release a decent multiplayer game they could just reskin … If they want to release a decent multiplayer game they could just reskin splatoon and sell that

haha what a whopper.

As a great 20th century intellectual once said...

"There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again."

[email protected]

As a great 20th century intellectual once said..."There's an old saying … As a great 20th century intellectual once said..."There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again."

I never would have thought that someone would outdo Dubya, but here we are with Trumple Thinskin.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. I banned myself from HUKD for 3m, I saved so much money!2641
    2. Thousands of minimum wage workers to receive part of £2,000,000 compensatio…44
    3. Weekly game codes giveaway 183722
    4. How much would you pay for this chair?1214

See more discussions