Heads up direct return trains to Amsterdam from London from April 30th

Posted 4th Feb
Community Updates
ADMIN
Trains have been running from London to Amsterdam since 2018, and now there is a return service - PARTY!

Previously on a return journey, passengers had to change at Brussels, go through passport control and security screening...

The new commercial route from Amsterdam Centraal to London St Pancras will begin on April 30, and will not only save travellers the hassle of swapping trains, it'll also cut the journey time down by around an hour, with the new route expected to take four hours and nine minutes.

A direct service from Rotterdam will follow on May 18, and tickets for both are due to go on sale from February 11, with fares starting at £35 each way.

Keep tabs here for tickets & offers

Source
Misc

Groups

6 Comments
easyJet is cheaper most of the time. Flew back last week for £32; the ticket was booked just a week in advance.
Having done both journeys frequently, I would dispute that flying is cheaper (by the time you add up ALL the costs), nicer or quicker or more comfortable or allows you to carry more of what you want, arrives at the same train station instead of changing at the airport etc etc etc. Its a beautiful journey for most of the way by train.

So business travel, yes. Leisure travel NO.
Edited by: "ccnp" 4th Feb
I love the masochistic flying fraternity for short journeys to Europe. Keeps more places free on the very comfortable train. Will be four hours now from Central London to Central Amsterdam or Rotterdam and back. Just enough time to have a bottle or two of My finest wine and as much food and Luggage as I want in total comfort. Whats not to like!!! £35 each way at the moment.
Apparently, Customs and passport control are to be done at Rotterdam, not right at the beginning in Amsterdam. Not sure how this is going to save time.
Seems a good timeframe depending on where you live etc, get to the airport 2 hours before plus flight time plus getting out the other end and transport into the city
Similiar cost if not cheaper, and you can get up and walk around
bozo00704/02/2020 16:00

Apparently, Customs and passport control are to be done at Rotterdam, not …Apparently, Customs and passport control are to be done at Rotterdam, not right at the beginning in Amsterdam. Not sure how this is going to save time.

Just got this from customer services at eurostar seems customs will be at Amsterdam Central Station and Rotterdam Independently.

"At the moment if you are travelling from Amsterdam or Rotterdam you pass through customs in Brussels Midi, however as of the 30th of April we will be running direct return services from Amsterdam.

Once this happens all checks will be done in Amsterdam Central station and the same will be true for Rotterdam, however the first direct return train ticket from Rotterdam will depart on the 18th of May.

I hope that helps but if there's anything else I can do, please do get in touch.

Kind regards,

Edvard
Eurostar Customer Care"[image missing]
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants