Heads up for those due for motor insurance with Tesco

12 replies
Found 5th Aug 2009
I just had my paperwork through and it came out a little dearer than comparison sites. I phoned up the customer services and they knocked £20 off to match it.

I said that i would have another look. With that the woman offered me a £30 gift card! to stay with Tesco.

Thought that was worth sharing. Hope it may help others with their insurance.

12 Comments

thanks

Have you tried getting a new quote, often works out alot cheaper even with the same company

Always a good idea to say it cheaper else were and state AA or anyplace.
Your insurance will always match price (without any proof)
and if they say that cant match (they are already the cheapest, you were just looking
more off bill), you can always just call them back, you'll
get someone different then buy off them, if they ask (they never do)
say 'I really like your insurance best'

guru_the;5942184

Always a good idea to say it cheaper else were and state AA or … Always a good idea to say it cheaper else were and state AA or anyplace.Your insurance will always match price (without any proof)and if they say that cant match (they are already the cheapest, you were just looking more off bill), you can always just call them back, you'll get someone different then buy off them, if they ask (they never do)say 'I really like your insurance best'

liar liar pants on fire!

Original Poster

MANJ_007;5942174

Have you tried getting a new quote, often works out alot cheaper even … Have you tried getting a new quote, often works out alot cheaper even with the same company

yes it worked out a little cheaper. I managed to get a £50 gift card last year. When i didnt recieve it i complained. They sent two out at the same time. Didnt have to buy any beer for a good few weeks.

Original Poster

guru_the;5942184

Always a good idea to say it cheaper else were and state AA or … Always a good idea to say it cheaper else were and state AA or anyplace.Your insurance will always match price (without any proof)and if they say that cant match (they are already the cheapest, you were just looking more off bill), you can always just call them back, you'll get someone different then buy off them, if they ask (they never do)say 'I really like your insurance best'

I have house insurance with them as well. I phoned them up and said i wanted to pay the same last year. I could hear the bloke typing away and he knocked £80 off there and then. these companies must make a fortune off people just renewing!

we called last week and said that we could get cheaper insurance elsewhere and they gave us a pressure washer and £50 vouchers so definately worth a try but dont know if this was because we tried to call the night before and waited over an hour to be told the lines were closed!

Original Poster

angelfins;5942263

we called last week and said that we could get cheaper insurance … we called last week and said that we could get cheaper insurance elsewhere and they gave us a pressure washer and £50 vouchers so definately worth a try but dont know if this was because we tried to call the night before and waited over an hour to be told the lines were closed!

That washer offer finished last week i think. I asked for one off them!

I was with Tesco, i cancelled, and got nothing. Found it cheaper by nearly £400

Original Poster

niggit;5942323

I was with Tesco, i cancelled, and got nothing. Found it cheaper by … I was with Tesco, i cancelled, and got nothing. Found it cheaper by nearly £400

Christ what do you drive???? I paid less than half off that!

Id guess that you were a new driver under 21 or something like that.

I have a 54 plate clio and i'm 24, been driving 3 years, and 3 years no claims

Original Poster

niggit;5942461

I have a 54 plate clio and i'm 24, been driving 3 years, and 3 years no … I have a 54 plate clio and i'm 24, been driving 3 years, and 3 years no claims

Sounds a bit nasty that! im 34 been driving for 15 years with full no claims. Pay £189 for a 55 Mervira.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. HUKD Nintendo Switch owners thread941396
    2. Marmite1823
    3. Krack WiFi vuln1121
    4. UBER can be a waste of money1019

See more discussions