Groups

Heads up - IE9 Beta released

Banned
    link in first post

12 Comments

Banned

tried it but kept crashing - they're still playing catchup with firefox I see

People still use IE?

Banned

mr.potato_head

People still use IE?

I only use it for TCB / Quidco but I do like a good laugh checking out how far behind the "new" versions of IE are compared to the competition.

Its like using a brick size mobile when you can get an Iphone4 for free

csiman

I only use it for TCB / Quidco but I do like a good laugh checking out … I only use it for TCB / Quidco but I do like a good laugh checking out how far behind the "new" versions of IE are compared to the competition.Its like using a brick size mobile when you can get an Iphone4 for free

Quidco and TCB work for me using Firefox or Chrome.

mr.potato_head

Quidco and TCB work for me using Firefox or Chrome.

I think he means instead of clearing cookies, etc

Banned

bazzaric

I think he means instead of clearing cookies, etc

correct - dont understand how anyone does it any other way. A right pain to clear cookies and re-login to all your sites.

csiman

correct - dont understand how anyone does it any other way. A right pain … correct - dont understand how anyone does it any other way. A right pain to clear cookies and re-login to all your sites.

I have used the Mozilla Firefox Add-on "Remove Cookie(s) for Site" for some time:

[ addons.mozilla.org/add…595 ]

[EDIT]: [ dwipal.com/rem…htm ] (Corrected) [/EDIT]

(However, I only really use Firefox; & I never have trouble with Quidco Cashbask not registering properly by clicking through from Quidco initially, loading my "basket" as desired, and then closing the specific tab, returning to Quidco, clicking-through again, & then progressing to the specific site's checkout)

BFN,

fp.

Edited by: "fanpages" 20th Sep 2010

Banned

fanpages

I have used the Mozilla Firefox Add-on "Remove Cookie(s) for Site" for … I have used the Mozilla Firefox Add-on "Remove Cookie(s) for Site" for some time:[ https://addons.mozilla.org/addons/previews/1595 ] | [ http://www.dwipal.com/extensions ](However, I only really use Firefox; & I never have trouble with Quidco Cashbask not registering properly by clicking through from Quidco initially, loading my "basket" as desired, and then closing the specific tab, returning to Quidco, clicking-through again, & then progressing to the specific site's checkout)BFN,fp.

thats pretty nifty actually but IE is just 1 click for me (TCB is my home page).

Since the HotUKDeals "Bugs / Glitches" feedback thread(s) have been ongoing I have taken more of an interest in Google Chrome.

I like using that (without any additional Add-ons/Extensions) because it is so much quicker than Mozilla Firefox (now) as, over time, I have added additional browser components & they are taking a toll on speed of loading of the application.

I download Microsoft Internet Explorer Beta 9 last week when it was first announced but haven't had the time to install/review it yet. I'm hoping it is faster than version 8.x as that is currently the slowest browser I have installed on my machine (alongside Firefox, Chrome, Opera & Safari).

Has anybody spotted any new/desirable features that make Internet Explorer easier/better to use that before?

BFN,

fp.

Banned

yes but Google log all of your data fanpages.

lumoruk

yes but Google log all of your data fanpages.

Thanks

I don't use Chrome for anything other than testing HotUKDeals bugs &/or sites that fail to load in Mozilla Firefox because the Adblock Plus updates have flagged an image on a black list. The European & US PlayStation Blog pages often have images of this type!

As soon as I find the a site works in Chrome I look at the Adblock Plus settings & go back to using. Firefox.

I refuse to use sites such as Blogger for the reason you mentioned, but I do not have a Google account (gmail, or otherwise) anyway.

Masking your IP address & not storing client-side cookies lessens the data stored too.

BFN,

fp.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Gear best shipping?44
      2. Do you use a case on your iPhone?44
      3. Virgin Media TV56
      4. Tooth extraction99

See more discussions