Heads up if you are on EE annual upgrade and looking for a new phone after 12 months

Found 17th Nov 2017
I went in store to upgrade to the IPhone X - only half way through my 24 month iPhone 7 contract...

I still had £512 left on the contract to pay off my iPhone but they said it was in great condition and therefore handing it back in would clear this balance completely so all I’d be doing is paying the appropriate upfront amount for the X and signing up to a new 24 month contract.

However I mentioned I was looking for a second hand / refurb iPhone 7 for my daughters birthday and the guy said I can pay £230 and keep the iPhone 7, EE will wipe the £512 balance due and I upgrade to the X as planned. I was like huh?? I pay £230 for a mint condition 128gb iPhone 7 that I know is fully working...yes please. So worth asking as you could sell it for more than that...
Community Updates
Misc
6 Comments
Can you take my phone in.
can you explain that again a bit clearer please

its gone from them paying £230 to you paying £230 and keeping it? bit lost tbh
adamspencer957 m ago

can you explain that again a bit clearer pleaseits gone from them paying …can you explain that again a bit clearer pleaseits gone from them paying £230 to you paying £230 and keeping it? bit lost tbh

I reckon 'we'll' should really be 'well'.

Certainly makes me sense that way and it's a classic auto-correct.
Original Poster
Sorry, I wrote it in a hurry and I’ve just reread and realised what a jumble of I and we and we’ll...haha.. have edited it...basically rather than hand back my iPhone 7 as part of the early update arrangement, I got to pay £230 to keep it as well as get a new phone.
Why anyone would pay ridiculous prices like that for a phone is beyond me. There are so many phones out there for a fraction of the price that do just the same things I guess it must be " Label " freaks with more money than sense encouraging manufacturers to rip us off.
Original Poster
Not really. There’s a number of reasons I buy an iPhone and none of them have to do with showing off a label. But hey, each to their own.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants