Heads Up - LoveFilm By Post Closing On 31st October 2017.

Found 14th Aug 2017
LOVEFiLM Update
We have very much enjoyed delivering the LOVEFiLM By Post service to our customers. However, over the last few years we’ve seen a decreasing demand for Blu-ray and DVD rental as customers increasingly move to streaming. Due to this, we will be closing the LOVEFiLM By Post service on 31st October 2017.

Until then, you can continue to rent movies and TV shows on Blu-ray and DVD discs as usual. There is no need to take any action. You will not be billed for your LOVEFiLM subscription after 30th September 2017, and you can continue to enjoy the service until it closes on 31st October 2017.

When you have finished watching any discs you have at home, you can simply return them in LOVEFiLM pre-paid envelopes or, if you find yourself short of return envelopes, you can submit your request for extra return envelopes here. Alternatively, you can return the disc in a standard envelope, addressed to:

FREEPOST RRAZ-ZIJS-XESH

LOVEFILM By Post

PO Box 1315

Peterborough

PE2 2PH

If you have lost a disc or have a problem with a disc you have at home, please visit the Report a Problem page to tell us about it.

Community Updates
Misc
9 Comments
An awful decision by Amazon, so much stuff is available on DVD that isn't available to legally stream. They aren't closing it for two and a half months but aren't accepting any new sign-ups - i haven't been a member for a while but just tried to sign up again unsuccessfully. Are there any alternative companies that I should take a look at?
I'm generally a fan of Amazon, but I think that Lovefilm died the day they took it over. The service nosedived - prices went up, film library shrank, and the unlimited option disappeared. I've only had the odd free trial over the last couple of years, whereas I subscribed to Lovefilm proper for pretty much all its life.
TBH I can't see any viable alternative popping up (I know there are some niche versions) - as a business model, it's not profitable or sustainable. In all honesty, I think the 'by post' model played a large part in killing off Blockbuster too.
Edited by: "fivegoldstars" 14th Aug 2017
Lovefilm was good for games but I don't recall ever using it for films. Who wants to wait a few days to watch a film.
g8spur1 h, 4 m ago

Lovefilm was good for games but I don't recall ever using it for films. …Lovefilm was good for games but I don't recall ever using it for films. Who wants to wait a few days to watch a film.

Brilliant service for games and I miss it! Always tried to time my returns right so I could get something tasty to play on for the weekend.
A long time ago i got 3 months of Lovefilm's 3 at a time service for free. If you were reasonably quick you could get 5 or 6 lots per month (so that's 15-18 films). I cancelled after the 3 free months, but about 6 months later they offered it too me again for another 3 months for free. I cancelled that again after the 3 months and a few months later they offered me 3 months for the price of one. So in all, I had 9 months in total and paid for only one (was £15.99 then). I really enjoyed it, but not surprised they are closing if everyone got similar offers.
My server of ripped Blu-Rays weeps at this news
There is a market for dvd/blu ray rentals as streaming services are becoming fractured and theres a big delay . stuff comes out earlier on blu ray/dvd before it hits the streaming services.
Pandamansays14 h, 26 m ago

A long time ago i got 3 months of Lovefilm's 3 at a time service for free. …A long time ago i got 3 months of Lovefilm's 3 at a time service for free. If you were reasonably quick you could get 5 or 6 lots per month (so that's 15-18 films). I cancelled after the 3 free months, but about 6 months later they offered it too me again for another 3 months for free. I cancelled that again after the 3 months and a few months later they offered me 3 months for the price of one. So in all, I had 9 months in total and paid for only one (was £15.99 then). I really enjoyed it, but not surprised they are closing if everyone got similar offers.

It's been a while since I used LoveFilm but that was pretty much my experience of them -use for an initial trial offer period, cancel when it ended, either take up an offer they give as you leave or wait a few months and get a new offer by email or in the post.

Since LoveFilm also bought out some of it's earlier competitors, merging into the one site, I had a few accounts with them that happened to cycle the offers, so as one deal expired, one of the other accounts usually had an offer if I wanted it.

They were usually really good during the initial trial period, turning disks around quickly and the ones you wanted, but if you dropped into an ongoing subscription you became less of a priority - slower turnaround and lower choice picks.
Bring back blockbuster I miss them
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants