Heads Up - Nationwide Banking Down Again!

Found 4th Dec 2017
Nationwide Banking is Down AGAIN! Son has been trying to access his online banking since early morning via the App & Online & the whole site is down yet again. Rang through to talk to them & was assured that he would be able to use his card as normal, it was just online banking via the internet & App that was down, but he's just tried to use his card at an atm & a shop & was declined.

Had a quick look & it seems that loads of people are having similar issues & when they call the bank, the bank can't even find their account numbers.

They seem to be having constant problems over the last few months & take ages to fix it.

Links for more Info HERE & HERE

The building society said its internet bank, the banking app and faster payments are unavailable, and apologised for "any problems this may cause".

"We're working to get things back to normal as quickly as we can," the company said.

The following services are affected:

• Internet Bank
  • Banking app
  • Payments. These are in a queue and will be processed once the service is back up and running. There's no need for you to re-send your payments.
You can continue to: (but loads can't)
  • use your cards to pay for goods
  • take out money from cash machines

Community Updates
Misc
25 Comments
working fine for me, App and website
Happened to me last night . I couldn't load the home page but could load the Log in page (googled) . Maybe this might work for others , once logged in the site worked as advertised .
neils314 m ago

working fine for me, App and website

quite lucky, they now have this on their website HERE
Works for me
wishihadadonkey1 h, 13 m ago

quite lucky, they now have this on their website HERE

Says everything working normally now.
Working fine for me
R U S S I A
I use their app regularly, can't say I've ever been upset at any downtime, sporadic and infrequent.
Their online banking needs a good rebuild and redesign, it's dreadful.
Savedotmoney1 h, 5 m ago

Their online banking needs a good rebuild and redesign, it's dreadful.

pretty straightfwd, what would you like it to do?
davewave35 m ago

pretty straightfwd, what would you like it to do?

Not use Pinsentry, be cleaner to look at, menus better laid out, the list is endless.
Savedotmoney12 m ago

Not use Pinsentry, be cleaner to look at, menus better laid out, the list …Not use Pinsentry, be cleaner to look at, menus better laid out, the list is endless.

Genuinely interested in ... what would you use instead of Pinsentry?
davewave2 m ago

Genuinely interested in ... what would you use instead of Pinsentry?

Mobile phone verification code.
Savedotmoney5 m ago

Mobile phone verification code.

Pinsentry pretty quick, if you have your mobile phone with you why wouldn't you just use the mobile app instead?
davewave3 m ago

Pinsentry pretty quick, if you have your mobile phone with you why …Pinsentry pretty quick, if you have your mobile phone with you why wouldn't you just use the mobile app instead?

Why do I want to carry a PINsentry around with me should I need to access online banking via their website?

Well Nationwide answered that question for you, they don't allow you to add new payees unless you add them via the website (which requires PINsentry authorisation).
Edited by: "Savedotmoney" 4th Dec 2017
Savedotmoney2 m ago

Why do I want to carry a PINsentry around with me should I need to access …Why do I want to carry a PINsentry around with me should I need to access online banking via their website?Well Nationwide answered that question for you, they don't allow you to add new payees unless you add them via the website (which requires PINsentry authorisation).

perhaps you add new payees more often than I do, do you like the phone app?
davewave3 m ago

perhaps you add new payees more often than I do, do you like the phone app?

Probably not but when I want to, it's very inconvenient to have to log in to the website, pull out my card, pin sentry, generate a code and enter in to the site.

The app is not bad and has a completely different feel to their website once you've logged in to your balance screen.

Monzo is a brilliant example of how app banking should be and I use that as my main bank now.
Savedotmoney3 m ago

Probably not but when I want to, it's very inconvenient to have to log in …Probably not but when I want to, it's very inconvenient to have to log in to the website, pull out my card, pin sentry, generate a code and enter in to the site.The app is not bad and has a completely different feel to their website once you've logged in to your balance screen.Monzo is a brilliant example of how app banking should be and I use that as my main bank now.

have a monzo, but can't imagine swapping as main bank.
davewave2 m ago

have a monzo, but can't imagine swapping as main bank.

Is that because there are no branches?

With the introduction of crypto currencies and a new generation of Fintech banks like Monzo, there will be less and less branches on our high streets in the not so distant future.

Monzo offers everything I need from a bank in an app, removing the archaic structure of a 'regular' bank and their old processes.
Edited by: "Savedotmoney" 4th Dec 2017
Savedotmoney1 h, 51 m ago

Is that because there are no branches?With the introduction of crypto …Is that because there are no branches?With the introduction of crypto currencies and a new generation of Fintech banks like Monzo, there will be less and less branches on our high streets in the not so distant future.Monzo offers everything I need from a bank in an app, removing the archaic structure of a 'regular' bank and their old processes.

Its all a bit beta. I would like to understand exactly how it works to be honest. Isn't Monzo only app based?
davewave6 h, 4 m ago

I use their app regularly, can't say I've ever been upset at any downtime, …I use their app regularly, can't say I've ever been upset at any downtime, sporadic and infrequent.

Something can't be right here - I actually agree with davewave on something!?!

You're right though but it did make me sick a little bit typing that!
davewave2 h, 20 m ago

Its all a bit beta. I would like to understand exactly how it works to be …Its all a bit beta. I would like to understand exactly how it works to be honest. Isn't Monzo only app based?

They have now been granted their banking licence so are fully FSCS protected.

The prepaid card was the beta stage and they offer a fully fledged bank account now (although they are in the process of switching users).

They are adding improvements to it weekly and their community around the bank as well as their transparency in their processes are a demonstration of how clear banking practices should be.

My prepaid account was recently upgraded to a current account and it is flawless. Managing direct debits, payments, sending money, receiving money, all working perfectly and is instantaneous from the app. I have my salary paid in there and manage all of my finances so much better with categorising payments and now 'virtual pots' which are effectively digital saving pots of money to put aside money you want to save.

They have plans to integrate switching energy companies (already being tested), mortgages and more. The integrations are endless and the development of the bank is growing very fast. Other banks are stuck behind with their old structures which simply can't be upgraded without an overhaul.

Throw yourself in to using it full time, you can chat with Monzo via app if you have any issues which is much quicker than talking to a chicken on the phone.
fine for me
Savedotmoney10 h, 40 m ago

They have now been granted their banking licence so are fully FSCS …They have now been granted their banking licence so are fully FSCS protected. The prepaid card was the beta stage and they offer a fully fledged bank account now (although they are in the process of switching users).They are adding improvements to it weekly and their community around the bank as well as their transparency in their processes are a demonstration of how clear banking practices should be.My prepaid account was recently upgraded to a current account and it is flawless. Managing direct debits, payments, sending money, receiving money, all working perfectly and is instantaneous from the app. I have my salary paid in there and manage all of my finances so much better with categorising payments and now 'virtual pots' which are effectively digital saving pots of money to put aside money you want to save. They have plans to integrate switching energy companies (already being tested), mortgages and more. The integrations are endless and the development of the bank is growing very fast. Other banks are stuck behind with their old structures which simply can't be upgraded without an overhaul.Throw yourself in to using it full time, you can chat with Monzo via app if you have any issues which is much quicker than talking to a chicken on the phone.

cheers for the info. perhaps if they throw in a financial incentive I'll be tempted.
davewave4 h, 59 m ago

cheers for the info. perhaps if they throw in a financial incentive I'll …cheers for the info. perhaps if they throw in a financial incentive I'll be tempted.

Yeah I don't think they will for now but the benefits from owning the account will be fruitful when they implement the integrations properly.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants