Found 18th Mar 2011
I'm probably preaching to the choir here, bvecause I assume most deal finders are signed up already, but just in case any are not...yet

I signed up for Groupn deals a few months ago and since then I have managed to piece together an entire four day break for myself and my good lady to the Peak District, just by picking up cdecent deals here and there.

I got three nights dinner, bed and breakfast (in 3 different hotels in the Derbyshire Peaks, plus a three course lunch on day one, plus afternoon tea for day two, plus dinner on the way home on the final day.

Whole job lot (for 2 of us) was ten bob under £230

Maybe I got lucky...I dunno...and you do have to wade through heaps of haridressing and beauty parlour offers to find the good stuff, but it wasn't that hard. The othe rthing is that the National deals tend to sell out fast so you have to be quick.

I had one deal that fell through and Groupon refunded my account with no problems, although it took a while to go back on.

Thought I'd just pop a heads up in here to say it's a site worth watching. You see the off deal of theirs posted on hot deals, but most of them seem to slip under the RADAR (I think I got onto my first nights hotel from one on here).

I've put this in here because wasn't sure where to post it, so feel free to move it if it's in the wrong place.

I'm sure all of this is old hat to most of you guys out there but it might help one or two who are not watching them yet.

2 Comments

Yes, there have been plenty of deals posted. I've had a couple if cracking breaks myself.
Don't forget KGBdeals as well. Not as many breaks as Groupon but t I've had a couple from there as well.

Original Poster

I get a few e mails from them but they don't seem up to Grupn levels

Problem is that I'm in Grimsby and the only city near me is Hull and the Humber bridge costs a packet to go over

Wish they would get Lincoln on the list
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. How to switch between open apps on an Android box11
    2. Switch from BT to BT same property different person635
    3. Best tablet around the £60 mark33
    4. Advice on selling an iPhone?66

See more discussions