Heads Up Ryanair bag policy change from two carry-on bags to just one from November 1st

Found 6th Sep 2017
Ryanair will be changing their policy from allowing two carry-on bags, one 10kg and one small carry on to just the small carry-on and the other will need to be checked in for free. This will be done from 1st November.

Thought People should know especially if you have any medical conditions and need your medicines.

The only exclusions to this will be if you pay for priority or the family plus.

They will be reducing charges for the large 20kg bag service to help accomodate the changes.

LINK to info Here but it is widely available across all news networks. Funnily enough it's not on Ryanair's website yet.. at time of posting this anyway.

Top comments

Well there goes my airport entertainment of watching people try to cram their hand luggage into the measuring crates when it's clearly too big and then arguing with the check in staff that they flew with it before so it must be ok, when it's obviously the size of a small elephant.

So if they're now going to have empty overhead locker space, I wonder how long it will take them to announce a new child price ticket and fit three kids in one locker, or sell the space as a bed option.
14 Comments

Looks OK to me, though it seems a bit unfair to apply the policy to existing bookings.

So if they're now going to have empty overhead locker space, I wonder how long it will take them to announce a new child price ticket and fit three kids in one locker, or sell the space as a bed option.

Toptrumpet8 m ago

So if they're now going to have empty overhead locker space, I wonder how …So if they're now going to have empty overhead locker space, I wonder how long it will take them to announce a new child price ticket and fit three kids in one locker, or sell the space as a bed option.

The kids will be deliberately spaced out in lockers across different parts of the plane, and you'd have to purchase an upgrade to house them all within the same locker.

Well I'd willing pay for the kid locker option if it was guaranteed they would be above row28 and I was seated in row 1. Let some other poor soul look after them and their constant whining for scratchcards.

Actually, thinking about it there's probably more space in a locker than a seat, scrap the above I want a locker ticket.

Well there goes my airport entertainment of watching people try to cram their hand luggage into the measuring crates when it's clearly too big and then arguing with the check in staff that they flew with it before so it must be ok, when it's obviously the size of a small elephant.

tinkerbellian35 m ago

Well there goes my airport entertainment of watching people try to cram …Well there goes my airport entertainment of watching people try to cram their hand luggage into the measuring crates when it's clearly too big and then arguing with the check in staff that they flew with it before so it must be ok, when it's obviously the size of a small elephant.

I hate that with a passion. Why can't people either pay to put the stuff in the hold or just pack less stuff?

tinkerbellian1 h, 5 m ago

Well there goes my airport entertainment of watching people try to cram …Well there goes my airport entertainment of watching people try to cram their hand luggage into the measuring crates when it's clearly too big and then arguing with the check in staff that they flew with it before so it must be ok, when it's obviously the size of a small elephant.

On one occasion, this bloke squashed the oversized luggage through the gauge so hard, he couldn't pull it out for ages.
Was really entertaining listening to the cursing and struggling sounds. I was rather hoping for the bag to rip open and spew out embarrassing underwear and sex toys or something.

Toptrumpet7 h, 16 m ago

So if they're now going to have empty overhead locker space, I wonder how …So if they're now going to have empty overhead locker space, I wonder how long it will take them to announce a new child price ticket and fit three kids in one locker, or sell the space as a bed option.

Or, even better, charge more for business class with a pillow and blanket in your overhead bed

Original Poster

Come to think of it.. I wouldn't mind the overhead locker bed ... Would be more comfy than the seats at present... Hardly any room to move and if you get a big guy next to you then you've had it...

Uilleam1713 h, 4 m ago

Or, even better, charge more for business class with a pillow and blanket …Or, even better, charge more for business class with a pillow and blanket in your overhead bed

Business class??? This is RyanAir..... Their seats are a industry short of around 16.5-17 inchs wide.....anyone over 6ft ends up being crippled by the seat in front of them.
Worst airline in the world, will never fly with these again.

I've often wondered how they do business class when everyone is crammed together, no room for your champagne flute and caviar

What's next making people pay to use the toilets !

Oh wait try tried that

Uilleam174 m ago

I've often wondered how they do business class when everyone is crammed …I've often wondered how they do business class when everyone is crammed together, no room for your champagne flute and caviar

Yes, but they do get a smile from the flight attendants and first pick of the scratch cards
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants