Groups

Healthy diet for non salad eaters

Hello

I am going to cut down on the non healthy food I eat to loose a bit weight.

I'm not really a lover of salad type food so does anyone have any substitue food ideas.

Thanks

9 Comments

Fruit N Veg

Banned

you'll be doing well if you introduce broccoli into your diet.

also nuts and seeds like almonds, sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds are really good to introduce into your diet as a substitute to snacks.

berries such as blackberries, raspberries and blueberries have lots of antioxidants and taste great.

Porridge, fruit, plenty of lean meats, brown rice, cous cous, peanut butter, veg to name just a few

Original Poster

WOW lots of ideas/substitutes there, wasnt expecting so many lol.

thanks for the replies

bykergrove

you'll be doing well if you introduce broccoli into your diet.also nuts … you'll be doing well if you introduce broccoli into your diet.also nuts and seeds like almonds, sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds are really good to introduce into your diet as a substitute to snacks.berries such as blackberries, raspberries and blueberries have lots of antioxidants and taste great.

Whilst the rest of the ideas are good, if you want to lose weight, nuts may not be the way to go!! 100g can contain around 400 calories and 40g of fat... that's more than chocolate!

Banned

baffledsalmon

Whilst the rest of the ideas are good, if you want to lose weight, nuts … Whilst the rest of the ideas are good, if you want to lose weight, nuts may not be the way to go!! 100g can contain around 400 calories and 40g of fat... that's more than chocolate!

sorry, my tips are more along the lines of healthy diet not losing weight.

my bad.

OP I guess cardio and smaller portion sizes wouldn't hurt. (saw on tv they buy smaller plates to help)

Original Poster

what about adding herbal suppliments to aid the loss also, as well as excercise and healthy eating or should i just stick to the latter 2?

dont go down the adios route.. not after that thread the other day.. ewww!

Nuts contain monounsaturated fat. Nuts in moderation are great for your diet, their also a good source of protein and fibre.
    Nuts will help you feel fuller and the regular intake of good fats helps your body release its fat stores.
    Dont go overboard with them as they are very calorie dense. As long as your eating in a calorie deficet you will lose weight

baffledsalmon

Whilst the rest of the ideas are good, if you want to lose weight, nuts … Whilst the rest of the ideas are good, if you want to lose weight, nuts may not be the way to go!! 100g can contain around 400 calories and 40g of fat... that's more than chocolate!

Edited by: "callum84" 5th Feb 2011
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047082
      2. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITHOUT* A VPN (Virtual Private Netwo…1851339
      3. Lets hope that there are as few injuries as possible - Parson's Green40210
      4. EasyJet flights for summer 2018 (up until 2nd Sept 2018) will be released o…11

See more discussions