Groups
    EXPIRED

HEALTHY LUNCH IDEAS FOR WORK . . .

To all the cooks out there and everyone else ... Looking at losing some of the old wobble and wanted to know what ideas people have for healthy lunch?

My typical lunch at work (call centre) are either Baguette and cheese savoury with lettuce, cuecumber, or Chips and Beans with Cheese, or a cheese sandwich from home or Tuna May Sweetcorn sandwich. Always with crisps and plain water.

Any ideas on something different and healthy? Something that will still fill up but not overdo it...

Muchas Gracias

13 Comments

I always think soup is a good one especially lentil soup as it feels really filling

try a salad or pasta.

if you want to lose wobble, i would say definately avoid cheese as that will be piling on the pounds.

make some home made coleslaw, it will last you all week.

have a salad... then

have a different meat each day!

nice and simple.

tinned maceral

pasta , cous cous ,lettuce , tomato , low rat salad cream with chicken done in a Cajun rub all mixed up in a bowl

mutley1

try a salad or pasta.if you want to lose wobble, i would say definately … try a salad or pasta.if you want to lose wobble, i would say definately avoid cheese as that will be piling on the pounds.

Really? Pasta?

Avoid pasta full stop.

Carbs are energy intakes, if you do not burn it off then they will go into your reserve tank and store themselves as fat.

Simple salads with tuna or omega 3 fish such as sardines with some seasoning will be perfect. And when I say seasoning I don't mean mayo, I mean salt, pepper, vinegar, etc.

But to tell you the truth unless you put some effort into exercise (I am not saying you don't by the way, just being hypothetical), and I mean exercise, I don't mean a 3 mile walk, I mean something to get the heart rate going, then you and anyone else wanting to lose weight will be wasting their time unless they are really on a mega low calorific intake.

Exercise is the key, even just 10 mins a day, as long as you get that heart rate going, and I do mean going, then you will see the benefit. Coupled up with a nice diet and you will be on your way.
    Edited by: "NEtech" 18th Jul 2014

Cut out the crisps, cheese savoury snacks and reduce (I cannot say cut out because we all love em) the amount of chips. Also reduce the amount of bread and replace with fruit. And to add to your menus a fresh fruit salad of diced melon, banana, apple, orange segments, cut strawberries dressed with a good squeeze of lime. And another addition on a very hot day - melon and parma or prosciutto ham (maybe like me add a bit of salami also) very refreshing, light and tasty

celticjoe

pasta , cous cous ,lettuce , tomato , low rat salad cream with chicken … pasta , cous cous ,lettuce , tomato , low rat salad cream with chicken done in a Cajun rub all mixed up in a bowl

Yeah, i'd definitely recommend low rat salad

celticjoe

pasta , cous cous ,lettuce , tomato , low rat salad cream with chicken … pasta , cous cous ,lettuce , tomato , low rat salad cream with chicken done in a Cajun rub all mixed up in a bowl

oO

celticjoe

There's nothing like a rat salad, yum, yum.:)

NEtech

Really? Pasta?Avoid pasta full stop.Carbs are energy intakes, if you do … Really? Pasta?Avoid pasta full stop.Carbs are energy intakes, if you do not burn it off then they will go into your reserve tank and store themselves as fat.

you would think so but i find it less fattening than bread for example and fills you up quickly.

nutritionbyeve.wordpress.com/201…ng/

mutley1

you would think so but i find it less fattening than bread for example … you would think so but i find it less fattening than bread for example and fills you up quickly.http://nutritionbyeve.wordpress.com/2010/04/27/is-pasta-fattening/

Lol. Pasta is a carb, very fattening if not controlled, hence why the OP should stay away from it as they asked for help slimming. Bread is a strange beast but I would also try to keep it down, although bread over pasta any day of the week, even white bread.

Have not looked at the link as I trained heavily for years back in the late 90's/early naughties and I can assure you, pasta is not what one wants to be eating at lunch if they are trying to lose weight.

Original Poster

I like idea of chicken and salad ... just wondering ... may sound silly but if cooked properly do you still have to warm up to chicken before eating? lol never had it - im asian .. we eat hot curries:)

Grilled chicken with thai sauce on salad hmmm ... is there a way to grill or cook chicken like this healthy way so it doesn't dry totally out? What are common mistakes that make it dry?

Never tried cous cous .. don't think it would fill me up.

What about eggs .. 2 eggs boiled and on a salad? hmm may have egg breath though lol

I like tuna so could have tuna salad

Don't really do mackeral ... they are the fish that have the heads on in the tins ... I can stomach a lot of things but eating fish with heads on is a miss ... maybe I am wrong?

I do exercise too ... just not during ramadan. Usually go gym atleast 3 times a week if not 5 and do cardio 5 min, then weights, then cardio for 15 to 20 mins as per gym guys instructions. Apparently doing this way you burn off energy during the weights and then the cardio is supposed to trim the fat. I did lose nearly a stone. Went from 18 to 17.2 stone in 2 months. Just need to sort out the diet a bit better ... especially at work when I can end up getting munchies after lunch and eat 2 or 3 kit kats lol ... Guess swap them for fruit. I like pineapple and strawberry and sometimes banana.
    Edited by: "krazyasif786" 19th Jul 2014
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Wallpaper and PVA44
      2. Which android box?34
      3. If you had £50,000 to start a business what would it be ?812
      4. What laptop?11

See more discussions